• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting; AS or AS+A2

Reaction score
I know the basic concepts of accounting, have studied it in O level. Also have attempted an AS paper before, its quite similar to the O level accounting.
I'm deciding between doing just AS, or Composite.. this M/J... Is A2 really lengthy/different as compared to AS. Or would I be able to cover both AS/A2 syllabi easily.

Reaction score
if u see this (mistakenly), then let me asure you that im a student of as+a levels doing biz A2 +ECO AS +AS+A2 ACCOUNTS within 6 months appearing for m/june 2014. Accounts as + a2 is like studying maths and accounts(o lvl).BUT! i find a2 comparetivly easier compared to as,dunno y . :p

Reaction score
I know the basic concepts of accounting, have studied it in O level. Also have attempted an AS paper before, its quite similar to the O level accounting.
I'm deciding between doing just AS, or Composite.. this M/J... Is A2 really lengthy/different as compared to AS. Or would I be able to cover both AS/A2 syllabi easily.
AS is very lot different that O levels and it has more practical application of Accounting concepts so you'd have to prepare for AS and not just rely on O levels. As for A2, it all depends if you're willing to devote extra time for accounting or not. AS grades won't matter in the end because your A2 won't be completed.

Reaction score
Actually I'm taking Accounting AS for an extra subject only. Where I'm applying, I need 2 A levels or 4 AS, so its fine till AS..