• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ACCOUNTING A LEVEL JUNE 2011 SESSION DISCUSSION AREA

Reaction score
Hello . Guyz ... My name is Hassan . After the Accounting Paper 2 ( 25 May ) I am feeling very afraid ... Cuz I had an awesome preparation and yet i cant even dream that a question relating to inventory on fire can come . I knew that question 1 is always final accounts as per the syllabus and final accounts is trading , profit and loss account and balance sheet ...
CIE just snatched 'A' from me and I am very angry due to this .
Question 3 was also a bit difficult .

Anywayz I created this new topic because I want to know about P4 !!!? I mean any guesses or anything you want to convey to everyone .
In P4 i am having great difficulty in preparing topics like REDEMPTION OF SHARES , STANDARD COSTING !!
WHAT ARE YOUR GUESSES FOR 2011 ACCOUNTING P4 !!!

Reaction score
same problem with q1 and q3 . , wht would be the threshold in this session of accounts ?? any guess ????????? p2

Reaction score
hello,
me also very afraid of the paper 4 accounting,,paper 2 was easier and there was nothing about companies n partnership...so i guess paper 4 will be full of these 2 topics.

Reaction score
How do we calculate the under- or over-absorption of overhead for the year? One question comes every year in paper 1. eg [J06 Q28, Nov 05 Q30]

Also How do we workout the working capital cycle. This also comes alot eg [J06 Q26]??

Reaction score
stock turn over must be in days. to get stock turn over in days, u divide 365 by the stock turnover rate u got. by adding stock turn over in days by the debtors' collection period and subtracting the creditors' days from the total of these two, u will get the working capital cycle.

do you think the grade threshold of paper 2 will be very low or very high?

Reaction score
I DID THIS QUESTION AND UR RIGHT IT SHOULD NOT BE 12800. DONT KNOW WHY MARKING SCHEME SAYS 12800. IT SHOULD BE 12000.

I DID THIS THREE TIMES.

Reaction score
What did last part of Accounts22 question no. 3 asked, new profit or additional profit?

=@