• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 physix p5!!! help me pweez! :(

Reaction score
guys i need help in mostly the uncertainty questions, you know usually in question 2! for example in oct/nov 2007 Q2) part b, how are we supposed to find the errors for log data, and in may/june 2008 Q2) part b, error for ln data??? im havin alot of problems in solving these type of complex uncertainty questions, can sum1 please give me a sum up or step by step on how to solve this! :confused:

Reaction score
can any1 guide me how to calculate absolute errors in gradient and y intercept? alsoow to how to draw worst fit line in graph? plzz

Reaction score
come on peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help usssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

Reaction score
guys i need help in mostly the uncertainty questions, you know usually in question 2! for example in oct/nov 2007 Q2) part b, how are we supposed to find the errors for log data, and in may/june 2008 Q2) part b, error for ln data??? m havin alot of problems in solving these type of complex uncertainty questions, can sum1 please give me a sum up or step by step on how to solve this! :confused:
While calculating uncertainity in log you should subtract the highest value and lowest value and divide it by 2.
For eg: if it is log(4.0+- 0.2) then uncertainity would be[log(4.2)-log(3.8)/2].
Hoped it helped. If you have any problems you can ask me freely.

Reaction score
While calculating uncertainity in log you should subtract the highest value and lowest value and divide it by 2.
For eg: if it is log(4.0+- 0.2) then uncertainity would be[log(4.2)-log(3.8)/2].
Hoped it helped. If you have any problems you can ask me freely.
wait i dont get it, why divide by 2?????? for ex: in oct/nov 2011 for lgT it was simple log28-log24, to give o.07, so the rule u stated, what situation is it for???

Reaction score
wait i dont get it, why divide by 2?????? for ex: in oct/nov 2011 for lgT it was simple log28-log24, to give o.07, so the rule u stated, what situation is it for???
It is just co-incidence. The formula is highest value minus lowest value divide by 2. Not highest value minus mid value divide by two.

Reaction score
You could even subtract highest from actual value. For eg if its log 4 +-2, then for un you will do this : Log 6 - log 4