• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
It is when the carrier wave frequency is modulated according to the displacement of the signal wave. Am I right?
i got it as ...f of carrier waves varies in (synchrony ) with signal in (synchrony) with displacement of signal...
but i want a simple and correct defination:)

Reaction score
First things first: Dear Moderators,
I have been facing difficulty when it comes to finding A2 posts at the threads you have so kindly created for a more organized look. However, I wanted to see a separate thread for A2 questions and A2 questions alone. So, I came up with this thread.
Truth be told, A2 is very different from AS and the queries related to them are entirely different since there are different topics involved. I hope you understand.

My first A2 question: Can anybody please explain to me what 'infinite input impedance' means?

The pd across the input terminal is high and the current is low..

Reaction score
June 2009 P4 Q2 a) :- Why is the rate of alpha particles seem constant?
Answer in markscheme:- half life is very long/ but when I calculate half life by ln2 / decay constant its very shoort 1.98 x19^-7...
Am I missing something? I think I am, the constant rate is Delta N / Delta t not the decay constant right?

Reaction score
in 9s very little decay of barium..since its half life is 1080s...
for Kr in zero second its no. is x...wen it becomes half in 3s it becomes x/2..in 6s its x/4..in 9s its x/8...
so from ratio ba/kr...x/(x/8)=8...
hope u get it:)

Thank you!!
Was Struggling a lot with this question..:)