• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 in November 2011, when to apply for universities (in UK)?

Reaction score
Hi

I am taking CIE AS Physics and Maths in this May/June session, 2011.
And A2 Physics, Maths and AS+A2 Computing in October/November session, 2011.

I want to apply abroad, preferably U.K.
So when should I apply? I am quite confused. I cannot find the answer anywhere on google due the fact that most people do edexcel A levels and in edexcel, there is no October/November session. :/

Please tell when should I apply for the visa and when to apply for the universities.

Reaction score
Re: A2 in November 2011, when to apply for universities (in

u have to apply by January 2012 ,nfo.
check out ucas.com for more info,
they even have a facebook page called ucas.
u will have to apply via ucas.
i wouldnt recommend the uk as international fees are high and so is the cost of living

Reaction score

thanks for the quick reply.
so if I apply by january 2012, when will the courses start? any idea?

I am just concerned that will there be any advantage of my A2s of october? I want to take advantage of it by going earlier to university. =s

Reaction score

in the uk there is only one intake every year.
u might aswell take them in june if ur goin to the uk
outside uk im not sure

Reaction score

correction in UK there are two intakes.. Main September intake and then fall intake in February. You will apply by October on your AS-level basis. Then you will be offered conditional offer letter. Its requirement will be to achieve 240-280 UCAS tariff points(uni. dependent). To make your admission confirmed you'll have to provide your A2 transcript. Which will be given to you in Jan by CIE. Hence no worries simply apply in October. for further queries do hit back!

Reaction score

After reading your post, these questions come to my mind. Please answer one by one. :)

1) Are you sure there are 2 intakes each year? and is it in every university of UK or just some? (I am applying to Univesity of Leicester, Lancaster University, University of Surrey and Bradford University)

2) I found this http://www.ucas.com/documents/ucasguide ... ow2011.pdf
So in order to get into February session of 2012, I have to apply in october 2011 to UCAS?

3) What happens if I get a conditional offer by the universities listed above but then I don't get the grades I was required to? :p

Reaction score

1) all the UK universities specifically mentioned above are included for spring intakes.
2)Yup you have to. But incase you are applying to only one uni. u can directly fill their form online and get a conditional offer letter.
3) Incase you can't get the required grade either your conditional letter will be withdrawed or you may be offered a place in foundation year.
every session has its on conditional letter and intake. Therefore every session requires new form entry. And just for the sake of info go to a consultant(approved) and they'll tell you wat exactly I've told you. one of the good one is Falcon Education Consultancy.

Reaction score

Oooh thanks a lot dude. You got good answers. :)

Reaction score

actually i applied to the uk and most universities only have one intake.

Reaction score

yea mot unis have sessions starting in fall/September!!!

Reaction score

who else is applying early to uni
i will be enroling at the age of 16

Reaction score

ahmed t said:
actually i applied to the uk and most universities only have one intake.

I just emailed Bradford and they said that they have only one intake per year, i.e. September! :(

So guys... that means I have to wait a whole year to apply for next september? :(
Isn't there any way to save that one year and apply just after I get finished with my A2 levels in October/November 2011 session? =s

And in which university have you applied by the way?

Reaction score

awww... well i dont think so because a level is a 2 ear course so most of da students give exams in may june and then apply for fall.

so by june u get offers 4 admission

u can apply to canadian unis they have spring session

Reaction score

well u might not be able to get in the uk this year, but u may use this time to strengthen ur resume.
u may take a computing course or learn a different language, this will give u an advantage over other students and even when applying for a job.
hope that helps

Reaction score

No dude... I HAVE to get enrolled into the jan/feb session! somehow! =(
And it's engineering I want to do... =(