• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Economics Paper 3 (MCQ) Preparation Thread

Reaction score

the percentage increase in GNP shud be greater than the percentage increase in prices and population
for country 1.. the percentage increase in GNP over the years in 260 ... for population 10 and for prices 200. total 210 which is less than 260 , so real GNP per head rises.
for country 2.. the percentage increase in GNP is 100.. however, the percentage increase for population is 10 and prices is 100.. total 110 which is greater than 100 therefore the real GNP per head falls here.

Reaction score
hey guys... i need help with may/june 10 variant 31... question 9

On the graph, the point at which MR=0 on the demand curve has a PED of 1. Any point to the left of this on the demand curve will have a PED greater than 1 and any point on the right of it will have a PED smaller thsn 1. As you can see, the point OP is to the left of the point at which MR=0 so the PED will be greater than 1. Therefore, the only option is D - 2. It probably seems a little confusing to you, but I hope I helped!

Reaction score
As the PED is 1.5 so the demand of 1000 units will decrease by it. 10% rise in price..
PED=% change in quantity demanded/percentage change in price.. so 1.5*10=15 this is the percentage change in quantity demanded. 1000-15%=850
price change 10% so $1 becomes 1.1
0.1*850=85