• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 ECONOMICS: Guess Paper-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
its useless to think

this kind of stuff. nothing is expected like this. Tomorrow you will feel that what sir Qamar has given was more than sufficient. Be confident. Tomorrow you will feel it difficult to choose questions as at 5 questions will be from guess.
Oh sorry i just got what u said so 5 questions from the guess paper? sir u sure? im sorry im just asking

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My friends just noticed some thick black lines on the sides of some topics in the syllabus. Does that mean anything?! Does that mean that questions are going to come from these chapters in the exam?!

p.s. The syllabus is attached
Dude, you're funny. That would be a bigger conspiracy theory than the Illuminati. :p

Reaction score
Discuss how interest rate policy might prevent a rise in inflation. [13]
can somebody frame an answer plan for this? I just wnt to know what diagrams and theories to discuss here.

Sir Qamar Baloch

Reaction score
Note: Guess means something predicted based on experience and evaluation skills. It can never be the actual keep it in mind. According to my speculation Examiner will ask the same questions but with different statements. But the same knowledge will be tested InshaAllah. Those who are very week in studies are advised to learn at least Q.1, 3 and 5.
V.V.V.V.V Important questions 1, 3 and 5. Don’t forget to revise them. I wish all of you best of luck!
Section B
1. In 2006 it was reported that a country’s unemployment rate had remained steady
and that its central bank, through its interest rate policy, had prevented an
increase in inflation despite a sharp rise in oil prices.

(a) Explain what might cause unemployment. [12]
(b) Discuss how interest rate policy might prevent a rise in inflation. [13]

2. (a) Explain the factors influencing the level of investment in an economy. [10]
(b) Discuss the extent to which national income is determined by private
investment. [15]

3. Discuss how far the GDP figure might be used to determine whether one country
has higher living standards than another. [25]

4 Airbus, a large aircraft manufacturing company, announced in 2007 that its goal
was to increase its $475 million research budget by 25 % in order to try to develop
a more environmentally friendly aircraft that had lower fuel consumption.

(a) Explain why Airbus is likely to be in an imperfect rather than a perfect market
structure. [10]
(b) Economics textbooks sometimes criticise firms in imperfect competition as being
against the public interest. What does this mean, and how far does the Airbus
announcement prove the textbooks wrong? [15]
5. Discuss what might cause inequalities in wage rates in an economy. [25]
6. In 2009 there were huge fires in Australia which destroyed much property and
countryside.
The government promised to allocate a large amount of money and resources to
help with the restoration of the area.
(a) With the help of diagrams explain what is meant by efficiency in the use of
resources. [12]
(b) Discuss the economic implications of the government’s approach to the situation. [13]
7. Most governments aim for full employment and stable prices. Which of those two aims should your government seek to achieve in the coming year and how might this choice affect the other aim? [25]

Reaction score
What is the answer to q. 2 (b)?
Note: Guess means something predicted based on experience and evaluation skills. It can never be the actual keep it in mind. According to my speculation Examiner will ask the same questions but with different statements. But the same knowledge will be tested InshaAllah. Those who are very week in studies are advised to learn at least Q.1, 3 and 5.
V.V.V.V.V Important questions 1, 3 and 5. Don’t forget to revise them. I wish all of you best of luck!
Section B
1. In 2006 it was reported that a country’s unemployment rate had remained steady

2. (a) Explain the factors influencing the level of investment in an economy. [10]
investment. [15]

3. Discuss how far the GDP figure might be used to determine whether one country

4 Airbus, a large aircraft manufacturing company, announced in 2007 that its goal
was to increase its $475 million research budget by 25 % in order to try to develop

(a) Explain why Airbus is likely to be in an imperfect rather than a perfect market
structure. [10]
(b) Economics textbooks sometimes criticise firms in imperfect competition as being
countryside.
resources. [12]
(b) Discuss the economic implications of the government’s approach to the situation. [13]
7. Most governments aim for full employment and stable prices. Which of those two aims should your government seek to achieve in the coming year and how might this choice affect the other aim? [25]

Reaction score
Section B

investment. [15]

structure. [10]
countryside.
resources. [12]

Sir about question 5 is that we need to explain the whole wage determination thing with the reason behind demand and supply and the monosony and the imperfection of the labour market

or about wage differentials and why some people get higher wages than others like for example doctors and taxi drivers with the help of diagrams and some exceptionally talented people like micheal jackson because the demand for them is very high and stuff like that?

Reaction score
Ok all of you who participated actively or silently I wish all of you very best of luck!
See you all tomorrow Inshaallah with the real paper and not the guess paper. Do update me tomorrow. And from tomorrow we will start discussion on P3 InshaAllah.
ALLAH HAFIZ. I wish all of you say PAKISTAN ZINDABAD. (i.e. Pakistan live forever)

Reaction score
Ok all of you who participated actively or silently I wish all of you very best of luck!
See you all tomorrow Inshaallah with the real paper and not the guess paper. Do update me tomorrow. And from tomorrow we will start discussion on P3 InshaAllah.
ALLAH HAFIZ. I wish all of you say PAKISTAN ZINDABAD. (i.e. Pakistan live forever)

Sir can u just let me know on that question 5 from the guess paper? please?

Status
Not open for further replies.