• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Biology: need some guidance

Reaction score
I am currently doing AS Biology and was thinking to study A2 biology over the summer and do it in november since june 2014 is my last session and im afraid i wont have a chance to repeat if I do bad, so is this do-able? or is it too much work? Thank you in advance! Help me decide so I can register :D

Reaction score
I am currently doing AS Biology and was thinking to study A2 biology over the summer and do it in november since june 2014 is my last session and im afraid i wont have a chance to repeat if I do bad, so is this do-able? or is it too much work? Thank you in advance! Help me decide so I can register :D

Assalamu 'Alaykum Sis...I would not recommend it...
Because first of all, you have no idea wht ur AS grades are gonna be..and (May Allah forbid), you may have to repeat..this AS repeating session is possible in november..but A2?
People's scores usually fall in A2..AS in itself is very hard...I'm in A2..it's not easy..and not all a wise thing to do over only 3 months..

Hope I helped you:)
May Allah Succeed you and guide you best!

p.s: The best thing to do would be to pray Istikhara..and have faith: that's when you know the best decision...

Reaction score
I agree with knowitall! Many times AS messes you up. I would suggest doing A-Levels next May/June because if you're taking Science subs, then it will be quite difficult. You may be able to cover the syllabus in 3 months but I believe a lot of practice would be required to be certain. Plus, if you want to give A-Level Bio in November, it may even distract you from your other subjects as you will be mainly concentrating on Bio more than half the time! I wish you the very best for your AS results and for your A-Level year!

And as knowitall said, Istikhara would be great to perform just to be extra sure!