• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

a small clarification 2 b made in BUSINESS STUDIES(IGCSE)

Reaction score
hi guys .jst wanted 2 clarify that in justification questions ,when its written JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWER ,:-
1.do v hav 2 provide both sides of the answer?
2.does the concluson needs to give views of both or should it b just one sided?
3.if in CONCLUSION both sides r 2 b adressed than can any1 plz give me sm examples or sm sentences wich i can use in the end!!
it will b a gret help frm u !!!!!

Reaction score
1.Yes. normally give 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages and explain them both properly using the correct terms.
2. The conclusion has to be one sided for example: CC Foods should use cost plus pricing rather than promtional pricing because it ensures that all costs are covered and that a profit is made.
3. A conclusion sentence never has 2 sides. See 2 ^

Reaction score
okay a..... wat if v provide many advantages and disadvantages.. nd keep their explanations less?

Reaction score
okay a..... wat if v provide many advantages and disadvantages.. nd keep their explanations less?
Say the Marks is 6, you can either provide 3 features and explain it OR provide 6 features.
If the above scenario is a JUSTIFICATION question, then my above statement applies + your conclusion in order to gain the full mark in that question.

Reaction score
Providing many examples will not always help. Especially if the question says "Discuss" or "Identify and explain". These questions require A LOT of explantion. If you just provide a lot of examples then you will not get the full marks for the question. My teacher who is a examiner said so.

Reaction score
well, for me this is how I learnt to answer 6 marks questions
for example a question once asked do u think that the factory should sell directly to customer rather than channel 3 ? justify
i start with YES,THE FACTORY SHOULD SELL DIRECTLY TO CUSTOMERS RATHER THAN HAVING A WHOLESALER AND A RETAILER .
FIRSTLY,BECAUSE ....................................................
SECONDLY,BECAUSE.................................................
HOWEVER,THE MANUFACTURER MAY FACE A DIFFICULTY BECAUSE HE IS LESS AVAILABLE TO THE CUSTOMERS SO SALES MAY DECREASE CAUSING PROFIT TO FALL.TO OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM THE MANUFACTURER CAN OPEN MORE BRANCHES RATHER THAN SHARING PROFIT WITH WHOLESALER AND A RETAILER.
I always right a solution to the disadvantage written as a justification
hope it helped u ;)

Reaction score
Say the Marks is 6, you can either provide 3 features and explain it OR provide 6 features.
If the above scenario is a JUSTIFICATION question, then my above statement applies + your conclusion in order to gain the full mark in that question.
RU SURE .....?

Reaction score
Providing many examples will not always help. Especially if the question says "Discuss" or "Identify and explain". These questions require A LOT of explantion. If you just provide a lot of examples then you will not get the full marks for the question. My teacher who is a examiner said so.
OK wat abt the conlusion part how shud i do that?

Reaction score
OK wat abt the conlusion part how shud i do that?
For example, just say, "The business should open a new business because in the long run it will be more profitable and will gain a better reputation". Jst mention some small points like that to conclude, and you get 2 marks :)