• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A* requirements A LEVEL

Reaction score
Aslm,

Did you need to get 1 in all components of subject to get A* ? I mean the grade A on the GT is 1 or 2 ? Do you need A in all components to get A* even if you are over the threshold to get A* ?

Reaction score
Aslm,

Did you need to get 1 in all components of subject to get A* ? I mean the grade A on the GT is 1 or 2 ? Do you need A in all components to get A* even if you are over the threshold to get A* ?
I know someone who had a 'd' in AS but ended up getting a B in the overall A-levels.....
Yet again, there is someone who I know who had a,b and b in her AS but ended up getting AA and C in her overall A-levels
I hope you are getting what I mean :)

Reaction score
No this was not my question girl :) I mean for A LEVEL (A2 not AS) do you need A in every components to get an A+ even if you have over the threshold to get A+ ? For exmple in mathematics If I get 3 A and 1 B will i get A+ ??

Reaction score
No this was not my question girl :) I mean for A LEVEL (A2 not AS) do you need A in every components to get an A+ even if you have over the threshold to get A+ ? For exmple in mathematics If I get 3 A and 1 B will i get A+ ??

A2 is an add-on to AS. A2 is not it's own qualification. Together they make A Levels.
Think of a game (Tetris?)

You score 50 points in the first three round in total.
But only 26 in the next three rounds.

AS mark would be 50 points (out of whatever)
A2 Mark is the 26 points AND 50 points divided by 2. So 38 points.

Then you go onto the grade thresholds, and check the required number of points you need in total to get A*, A, B, C ect

Technically speaking, it is possible to get a U and still get A* (in IGCSE, not sure about A Level, and it would have to be a paper only counting for 20%).

Not entirely sure if everything is correct, but I do think they give grades based on total points (scaled at whatever % they are worth).

Reaction score
If you get high A's in the first 3 papers and a high B its very possible. You've got about ~40 marks to lose total so if you lost most in the B paper youll be fine

Reaction score
In Mathematics AS levels, I scored "a" in the last session with the components P1 and S1. For A2, I'm doing P3 and M1, but I have some questions. What are my chances of scoring A* when I have an overall a in AS? What is the minimum mark needed to score A*?

For Biology AS Levels, I scored "c" in the last session. What are my chances of scoring A? If some people can jump from d to B, then what are my chances for jumping from c to A?

huh

Reaction score
Is it true that you can get your overall percentages in each of your components of a paper? Or is it a load of hocus pocus?