• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A new student to Edexcel

Reaction score
Hello every1
i am a CIE student but i want to take one or 2 edexcel subjects as extras..
I heard if u r done wd cie edexcel o levels is easy??? Is that so?
So what is the best opt for extra subjects. I am a O level science student.

Reaction score
Hello every1
If you have O level biology, I would highly recommend that you take Edexcel Human Biology since both syllabi are 85% same. An advantage of taking Human Biology from Edexcel rather than Cambridge is that you can give both Cie Biology and Edexcel Human Biology in the same session. So Human Biology is your best option!

Reaction score
Hello every1
If you have O level computer studies then take Edexcel ICT.

Reaction score
If you have O level biology, I would highly recommend that you take Edexcel Human Biology since both syllabi are 85% same. An advantage of taking Human Biology from Edexcel rather than Cambridge is that you can give both Cie Biology and Edexcel Human Biology in the same session. So Human Biology is your best option!
Yup u answered in my thread in o level forums and it was cuz of u that i came here cuz u said its 85% same. What abt other subjects???

Reaction score
Nah not ICT or computer!!! hate them:mad:
Have a look at the Edexcel human biology syllabus and past papers, compare them with Cie Biology. The question pattern is different but the contents are more or less same. Still, if you don't want human biology, you can take Accounting. Its an easy subject if you practice. However, if I was you I would have taken Human Biology and Computer studies since these subjects are related to science and will provide good prep and keep your options open for A levels.