• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A levels or As level

Reaction score
hell0
Please tell me about the difference b/w A and as level ,i mean is their a difference b/w their importance and value.And suggest me which way should i opt for the subjects phy,maths ,chem ,bio.!! I do not like the idea to appear for cie just after 9 months and most imp for A level.
plz reply

Reaction score
AS means half the Alevel qualification, meaning for a subject like Maths, to get an AS qualification you will have to give 2 papers, to get Alevel qualification you need to give 4 papers. You are recommended to give atleast 3 A level subjects, and one AS subject. This link will be helpful to help you decide your subjects. http://www.britishcouncil.org/how_to_choose_the_right_subjects_at_gcse_and_a-level.pdf
Thanks for the reply but i want to know whether universities prefer candidates who have directly given A levels over those who first gave As and then A level something I plan to do
!