• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Levels Equivalence

Reaction score
Oh no, I'm really sorry. I mixed up the weightages for the Engineering and Medical UG programmes. The weightage for AMC (atleast applying for it through NUST) is as follows:

NUST Entrance Test 50%
FSc/A level/Equivalent 40%
Matriculation/O Level 10%

I'm really sorry for the misinformation.I hope it didn't cause any inconveniences. You can check the weightages out here.

And I totally sympathize with you. It must be extremely frustrating. Just another example of how messed up our education system is and how it desperately needs some serious reforming.

And I've just done the math... so if you can manage to get 1020 plus in the MCAT, you'll get an overall 83% which might land you in an Open Merit seat somewhere, especially for BDC. So don't lose hope. And don't regret working hard to improve. It will definitely benefit you in the long run!

If you've given the ETEA test then you must be from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. I really don't know how that test works and what scores are considered good in it. So you got a 503 out of what, exactly?
LOL, Don't worry about it. You just made me happy for a moment :)
And thanks for the link!

530 /800
393 position out of 17000 people and it was all useless.

Reaction score
LOL, Don't worry about it. You just made me happy for a moment :)
And thanks for the link!

530 /800
393 position out of 17000 people and it was all useless.

That is a REALLY good position, MashAllah! And don't say that it was useless! It should get you in somewhere! I actually remember there were some seats reserved for students for KPK by UHS last year. Why don't you give the Punjab MCAT if you have a domicile certificate for KPK? You've already given ETEA. It probably isn't very different.

Oh and thank you for all the likes. I'm assuming you read my post where I whined about not having enough likes. =P

Good luck!

Reaction score
That is a REALLY good position, MashAllah! And don't say that it was useless! It should get you in somewhere! I actually remember there were some seats reserved for students for KPK by UHS last year. Why don't you give the Punjab MCAT if you have a domicile certificate for KPK? You've already given ETEA. It probably isn't very different.

Oh and thank you for all the likes. I'm assuming you read my post where I whined about not having enough likes. =P

Good luck!
I don't really know much about the MCAT. What university is it for? The only hope for me now is AMC if I wanna get in on open merit. Let's just hope I get good enough marks on it.

If not then foreign seat for KMC!

Reaction score
I don't really know much about the MCAT. What university is it for? The only hope for me now is AMC if I wanna get in on open merit. Let's just hope I get good enough marks on it.

Your on foreign seat too?
Oh man You got way higher marks than me so that means 1 out of the 9 seats is gone already! :(
I hope you get into AMC man lol!

Reaction score

And btw you can get in on self finance why go on foreign seat then?
530 marks is a very good score man

Reaction score
And btw you can get in on self finance why go on foreign seat then?
530 marks is a very good score man
530 is a good score but the overall percentage is low because FSc is worth 40% and I have 803/1100 after equivalence. I can get in on open merit if they judge me fairly.

And don't worry about the seats, there are 9 of them and I heard last year only 9 students applied.

Reaction score

It's for all the public universities in Punjab. Like King Edward, Allama Iqbal, Nishtar etc etc.

Reaction score
530 is a good score but the overall percentage is low because FSc is worth 40% and I have 803/1100 after equivalence. I can get in on open merit if they judge me fairly.

And don't worry about the seats, there are 9 of them and I heard last year only 9 students applied.
I get 71% in Fsc :(
I just hope a few people apply if not i might get into AYUB atleast right?

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think your FSc doesn't matter much when applying on foreign seat. They look at your ETEA or SAT II marks, if you've given it.
And you said you had around 300 in ETEA so don't worry. One of my friends had around 200 and he got in on foreign seat! :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think your FSc doesn't matter much when applying on foreign seat. They look at your ETEA or SAT II marks, if you've given it.
And you said you had around 300 in ETEA so don't worry. One of my friends had around 200 and he got in on foreign seat! :)
Yeah i got 312!
Lets see *finger's crossed*

Reaction score
Hey there people!
Acc. to my O level's Equivalence I got 765/900 marks.
Now in A levels I have an A* in Psychology, A in Physics, A in Maths and a B in Chemistry.
What would my total marks and percentage be after I get my A-level's Equivalence made?
Please and Thank you =D

Reaction score
Hey there people!
Acc. to my O level's Equivalence I got 765/900 marks.
Now in A levels I have an A* in Psychology, A in Physics, A in Maths and a B in Chemistry.
What would my total marks and percentage be after I get my A-level's Equivalence made?
Please and Thank you =D

You will get 925/1100 marks equivalent to FSC Pre Engineering. Psychology is not considered for Equivalence.

Reaction score
O level marks out of 900. Pre-Medical / Pre-Engineering out of 1100.
Guys! Wait a minute...EVERYONE applying for equivalency has the same total? does this mean that if a person takes let's say 10 subjects in O level and 4 in A level, that will be advantageous to them?
And another question was that does getting a good grade in A level English lang. can be equal to TOEFL?

Reaction score
I Scored 2A* 2a and 3b and 1c in o level, and in my A Level, I Scored 1a and 2b what marks would i get? please do reply!

Reaction score
Guys! Wait a minute...EVERYONE applying for equivalency has the same total? does this mean that if a person takes let's say 10 subjects in O level and 4 in A level, that will be advantageous to them?
And another question was that does getting a good grade in A level English lang. can be equal to TOEFL?

Taking extra subjects does not help you in Equivalence. Only the basic 8 subjects are considered for Matric equivalence and 3 subjects for FSc equivalence.

I'm not sure about the TOEFL thing.

Thats just sad! Come'on :(

That's how it is, I'm afraid.

I Scored 2A* 2a and 3b and 1c in o level, and in my A Level, I Scored 1a and 2b what marks would i get? please do reply!

Your Matric/SSC equivalence: 720/900 or 80%
Your FSc/HSSC equivalence: 875/1100 or 79.5%

You can calculate your equivalence yourself using this document I'm uploading. Or visit www.ibcc.edu.pk

Attachments

• Equivalence.doc
    79 KB · Views: 21