• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A levels aren't the only exams? (esp. CIE)

Reaction score
Well my friends A levels now!! MIGHT BE! untrustworthy I'm serious this year in 20 damn years the percentage of people who usually get A's fell down by 7 %, students were shocked especially this year moreover you don't want to enter depression mode after you get you're AS level results and put yourself in a crap situation were not only you need a shovel but 2 shovels!?, take IB's very good qualification especially if you're aiming for Canada and America, even Tony Blair said the IB exams must be introduced to every school in the UK as an opt. for qualification, CIE is very difficult only a handful get B's and A's even a C would require a spree of non-stop hard work what I'm saying is there are other exams to take, open up you're options A levels aren't the only exams in the world, but if you want you must sacrifice friends, facebook etc.. basically you're social life and even if you do you might still not get the grades :unsure:, talk to someone ask questions the number one mistake students do is they focus in one path and when they realized they have failed they get crushed and blame the world for their failiure and develop horrible attitudes, and suck up for rechecks and authority which is degrading and disgusting and a potential crusher, but anyways this is you and whatever you choose look through the stats. pass and fail, see what you can do to make you an excellent student, Good Luck.

Reaction score
Well my friends A levels now!! MIGHT BE! untrustworthy I'm serious this year in 20 damn years the percentage of people who usually get A's fell down by 7 %, students were shocked especially this year moreover you don't want to enter depression mode after you get you're AS level results and put yourself in a crap situation were not only you need a shovel but 2 shovels!?, take IB's very good qualification especially if you're aiming for Canada and America, even Tony Blair said the IB exams must be introduced to every school in the UK as an opt. for qualification, CIE is very difficult only a handful get B's and A's even a C would require a spree of non-stop hard work what I'm saying is there are other exams to take, open up you're options A levels aren't the only exams in the world, but if you want you must sacrifice friends, facebook etc.. basically you're social life and even if you do you might still not get the grades :unsure:, talk to someone ask questions the number one mistake students do is they focus in one path and when they realized they have failed they get crushed and blame the world for their failiure and develop horrible attitudes, and suck up for rechecks and authority which is degrading and disgusting and a potential crusher, but anyways this is you and whatever you choose look through the stats. pass and fail, see what you can do to make you an excellent student, Good Luck.

And you think IB is easier? It's harder than A-Levels by a landslide my friend!:LOL: IB students undergo even more pressure and stress than A-Level students, and I've asked both IB and A-Level students in my school so that's where I'm getting my info from, as well as from our A-Level and IB Coordinators. Sure it's a great qualification but you need to be ready to give your all and try as hard as you can, especially with the EE and CAS.

Reaction score
And you think IB is easier? It's harder than A-Levels by a landslide my friend!:LOL: IB students undergo even more pressure and stress than A-Level students, and I've asked both IB and A-Level students in my school so that's where I'm getting my info from, as well as from our A-Level and IB Coordinators. Sure it's a great qualification but you need to be ready to give your all and try as hard as you can, especially with the EE and CAS.
Yeah, did I say IB's are easier, I said its a GREAT qualification, that is recognized well among high standard uni's, and it happens we find more schools especially embassy related schools more prepared for IB's than CIE A levels, you can't just study CIE alone you need good teachers e.g in some pakistan schools they prepare them well thats why they get A*'s, not everyone is in you're boat getting stars and A's not everyone is in good schools, some rely on books and self-effort and this is not enough for CIE.

Reaction score
Yeah, did I say IB's are easier, I said its a GREAT qualification, that is recognized well among high standard uni's, and it happens we find more schools especially embassy related schools more prepared for IB's than CIE A levels, you can't just study CIE alone you need good teachers e.g in some pakistan schools they prepare them well thats why they get A*'s, not everyone is in you're boat getting stars and A's not everyone is in good schools, some rely on books and self-effort and this is not enough for CIE.

But isn't IB harder to self-study than IB though? It required more independent research and dedication, and if students don't have these types of qualities early on they'd find the whole thing difficult anyway. Well I'm not aware of the types of schools available in Pakistan but I thought that IB teachers are of a minimum set standard?

Reaction score
But isn't IB harder to self-study than IB though? It required more independent research and dedication, and if students don't have these types of qualities early on they'd find the whole thing difficult anyway. Well I'm not aware of the types of schools available in Pakistan but I thought that IB teachers are of a minimum set standard?
Well if you say that, that would apply to CIE as well but like I said schools such as the American schools prepare them pretty well British schools only do certain exam boards like AQA, OCR etc....not CIE.

Reaction score
CIE isn't too hard. I got 5 A's in my AS this year, whilst maintaining and active social life and without working myself to death.

Reaction score
Oh, and even if CIE is harder than IB (or anything else for that matter), I'd rather take CIE. The whole point of A Levels, IB, and any other 'Highschool' qualification is to prepare for University; and I would personally rather take the hardest option as it will prepare me the most for University.

Reaction score
Oh, and even if CIE is harder than IB (or anything else for that matter), I'd rather take CIE. The whole point of A Levels, IB, and any other 'Highschool' qualification is to prepare for University; and I would personally rather take the hardest option as it will prepare me the most for University.
Well you're absolutely right. :)

Reaction score
CIE isn't too hard. I got 5 A's in my AS this year, whilst maintaining and active social life and without working myself to death.
I didn't say you specifically, you are able, I'm talking about people who need that push to get what you got sometimes you can't give it to them no matter what, but you should be thankful that you are able ok,