• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Sociology

Reaction score
hey, i had not taken sociology in O levels, so can anyone help me out as to whether i can still take it in A levels without lacking in much, and still do it......
And besides that, anyone who has already taken it in A levels, do u think hat it may help me in the field of law(in the future), i mean considering that they have also removed the crime part and all in the new syllabus...???

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, you can definitely take it in A-level, even if you don't know anything about the subject.

I haven't personally studied the subject, so someone else may answer your second question.

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, you can definitely take it in A-level, even if you don't know anything about the subject.

I haven't personally studied the subject, so someone else may answer your second question.

+1 to that.

Sociology at O Levels is super basic. At A Levels, its much more detailed, yet the basics are still there.
You can easily do it at A Levels without knowing a word of O Level socio. You can do it yourself too.

For the second part. Not literally, no, but I'll recommend keeping it. It helps in general life, a lot. I know it did to me.
Really? They've removed Deviance & Crime? It's a pity. That was my favorite sub-topic :(

Reaction score
Thank You so much for your help!!
For the past week, Had been all confused as to what subjects to take up in A levels this September!!!

Reaction score
hey, i had not taken sociology in O levels, so can anyone help me out as to whether i can still take it in A levels without lacking in much, and still do it......
And besides that, anyone who has already taken it in A levels, do u think hat it may help me in the field of law(in the future), i mean considering that they have also removed the crime part and all in the new syllabus...???

Take it if you personally enjoy studying for Sociology. It's not much associated with the law, but if you like it, certainly go for it! :) Also, I think subjects like Thinking Skills, Maths and Law itself could really complement a future law career. (y)
Oh, and yes of course you can start it from scratch. No big deal in that. :)