• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Queries....

Reaction score
So guys, I have finished my O Levels ( about to btw ) so well I was the first one from my family so have no idea about A Levels now... :confused:
I have thought up of doing AS levels but well, I wanted to know that does every college offer AS level or only a few?? ( Am going for ALGC in Lahore )
And well, I want to opt for a few extra subjects which I couldn't in O Levels.. I have given Eng, Urdu, Math, Bio, Chem, Phy, Pak, Isl and Add Maths... Some were saying to take business studies, economics and the like as an extra.. What do you think???
And yeah academiesss.... suggest acdemies for the extras too...
and also internships... how much do they help??? M doing one in FMH currently.. :cool:

Thanks for replying in advance guys and gals! :) ;)

Reaction score
I honestly cant help you with all that stuff about academies and internships and colleges and stuff since i aint familiar with it..

But, in terms of choosing subjects, yeah...
What subjects were you originally planning on taking in A levels?
Business St and Economics are really good (whether ur taking them just as extras or not)
Theyre easy, and theyre straighforward.

Hope i helped :)

Reaction score
I honestly cant help you with all that stuff about academies and internships and colleges and stuff since i aint familiar with it..

But, in terms of choosing subjects, yeah...
What subjects were you originally planning on taking in A levels?
Business St and Economics are really good (whether ur taking them just as extras or not)
Theyre easy, and theyre straighforward.

Hope i helped :)

Thankyou man....!
I plan to give Bio Chem Phy And Maths...
So those would be the extras...
Another thing you may help me with is to when appear for these exams??
This year in AS or in A2?

Reaction score
Thankyou man....!
I plan to give Bio Chem Phy And Maths...
So those would be the extras...
Another thing you may help me with is to when appear for these exams??
This year in AS or in A2?

No prob ....

Ok, so i say do the entire A2 one time.....since the content isnt so tough, u shud be fine...
But, id say - if u can afford to take some xtra time -rather write them next year May/June.... That little more time will mk all the difference...

Reaction score
Okay sorry mate.. :D
And now i am getting confused by your post...
You mean do the extra subjects in May/June 2014 or May/June 2015??
I plan to do AS level for Phy Chem Bio and Math lol :p

lol no prob :)

well, then you can do AS for them too.
its up to u, i just feel that instead of doing AS in one session and the rest of it in another session is a waste of time if it can be managed it one session

um, when were u plannin on writing?
see, i thot that u wanted to write them this oct/nov 2013 so i suggested that u rather write them may/june 2014
but now i see that i might have misunderstood u?

sorry, i tend to mix things up alot :oops:

Reaction score
lol no prob :)

well, then you can do AS for them too.
its up to u, i just feel that instead of doing AS in one session and the rest of it in another session is a waste of time if it can be managed it one session

um, when were u plannin on writing?
see, i thot that u wanted to write them this oct/nov 2013 so i suggested that u rather write them may/june 2014
but now i see that i might have misunderstood u?

sorry, i tend to mix things up alot :oops:

Haha lol no..
Its just that my dad wants me to do AS...
lol so I well want to do as he says...
Okie.. So I got Businnes Studies and Economics...
And what do you think About Psychology and General English?

Reaction score
Haha lol no..
Its just that my dad wants me to do AS...
lol so I well want to do as he says...
Okie.. So I got Businnes Studies and Economics...
And what do you think About Psychology and General English?

And the best thing to do, is to obey our parents....
We make Allah happy, and that definitely leads to success!!!

okay... I love Psych!!! I wouldve loved to have done it, but the uni i want to study through doesnt accept it, so it was no point doing it :(
So do it!!!!
As for general english, im not so sure.. but it shouldnt be tough...esp if youve done english at IG level.....you may want to take a look at eng lit though, it seems interesting ...

Reaction score
So guys, I have finished my O Levels ( about to btw ) so well I was the first one from my family so have no idea about A Levels now... :confused:
I have thought up of doing AS levels but well, I wanted to know that does every college offer AS level or only a few?? ( Am going for ALGC in Lahore )
And well, I want to opt for a few extra subjects which I couldn't in O Levels.. I have given Eng, Urdu, Math, Bio, Chem, Phy, Pak, Isl and Add Maths... Some were saying to take business studies, economics and the like as an extra.. What do you think???
and also internships... how much do they help??? M doing one in FMH currently.. :cool:

Hey,
-Taking extras at A-Levels depends entirely on you. If you know how to effectively manage your time, then its fine. If you're a procrastinator, don't even bother. You'll end up messing all your subjects the latter way. :)
-Economics at A-Levels requires dedication. Especially if you haven't studied it in O-Levels, you'll need time to go through the basic stuff. AS Economics literally is easy, given that you learn the concepts properly. Business Studies at A-Levels is an easy scoring subject. I have been to many of the lectures/classes for it at our school, and I guess its pretty interesting and fun. By the way, check the requirements of the universities you'll be applying to, to avoid subject-selection problems later. :rolleyes:
-Learn to use internet, kid! ;) I don't live in Lahore, and I'm so not a big fan of academies so can't offer you help over there, but let people be done with their A-Levels once, I'm sure they'll give you the proper addresses and even the phone numbers of the teachers :D
-Depends. See, if you're opting for Pakistani universities, then internships just don't help you. Foreign unis value internships though. But even if you're applying to Pakistani unis, (and you have a summer void of anything to do), then do go for internships. They just help increasing your exposure. FMH is fine, I guess. Ask iFuz :he's already done it over there! :)

I'd be glad to help if you will still be having problems :)

Reaction score

I don't know which colleges in Lahore would offer AS level but I strongly suggest you give AS level papers in your first year and then A2 papers in the following year. It certainly helped me and I've seen some of my friends who're giving all the papers collectively after two years struggle with their studies . Also they have had a hard time during their exams because their timetable is so full. They have really small gaps between their papers. AS is really easy but A2 requires a lot of studying and hard work.

As for extra subjects, why do you want to study economics and business as well? Economics is not a piece of cake and you might have some problems in the beginning without any basic knowledge of commerce. In A levels it is better to decide which field you want to go in and then choose your subjects accordingly. If you're into engineering or medical then you really don't need to study business and economics and the extra effort you put into them can be put into studying your main subjects and scoring better grades.
That's all I can help you with :)

Reaction score
Hey,
-Taking extras at A-Levels depends entirely on you. If you know how to effectively manage your time, then its fine. If you're a procrastinator, don't even bother. You'll end up messing all your subjects the latter way. :)
-Economics at A-Levels requires dedication. Especially if you haven't studied it in O-Levels, you'll need time to go through the basic stuff. AS Economics literally is easy, given that you learn the concepts properly. Business Studies at A-Levels is an easy scoring subject. I have been to many of the lectures/classes for it at our school, and I guess its pretty interesting and fun. By the way, check the requirements of the universities you'll be applying to, to avoid subject-selection problems later. :rolleyes:
-Learn to use internet, kid! ;) I don't live in Lahore, and I'm so not a big fan of academies so can't offer you help over there, but let people be done with their A-Levels once, I'm sure they'll give you the proper addresses and even the phone numbers of the teachers :D
-Depends. See, if you're opting for Pakistani universities, then internships just don't help you. Foreign unis value internships though. But even if you're applying to Pakistani unis, (and you have a summer void of anything to do), then do go for internships. They just help increasing your exposure. FMH is fine, I guess. Ask iFuz :he's already done it over there! :)

I'd be glad to help if you will still be having problems :)

I don't know which colleges in Lahore would offer AS level but I strongly suggest you give AS level papers in your first year and then A2 papers in the following year. It certainly helped me and I've seen some of my friends who're giving all the papers collectively after two years struggle with their studies . Also they have had a hard time during their exams because their timetable is so full. They have really small gaps between their papers. AS is really easy but A2 requires a lot of studying and hard work.

As for extra subjects, why do you want to study economics and business as well? Economics is not a piece of cake and you might have some problems in the beginning without any basic knowledge of commerce. In A levels it is better to decide which field you want to go in and then choose your subjects accordingly. If you're into engineering or medical then you really don't need to study business and economics and the extra effort you put into them can be put into studying your main subjects and scoring better grades.
That's all I can help you with :)
And the best thing to do, is to obey our parents....
We make Allah happy, and that definitely leads to success!!!

okay... I love Psych!!! I wouldve loved to have done it, but the uni i want to study through doesnt accept it, so it was no point doing it :(
So do it!!!!
As for general english, im not so sure.. but it shouldnt be tough...esp if youve done english at IG level.....you may want to take a look at eng lit though, it seems interesting ...

Thankyou guys for your opinions..
They surely have helped me :cool: