• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level help

Reaction score
hello evry1
i think u know me from the IGCSE forums in XPF

anyways i got some questions and i hope some1 will help me

1. wat kind on department i could enter in a university if i took A level chemistry and maths????????????

2. is A level divided into AS and A2 ?

3. which is better , taking whole A level in one go , or takin it as AS and A2?

4. Can some1 take AS maths in this november session?

5. im a school candidate, we will start A levels next year , will they allow me to take it on november 2010??

Reaction score
1- AL chemistry and math hummm...you could enter any engineering department,except mechanics maybe because it requires physics really much..and pharmacy too
2-yes it's divided into AS and A2 and sometimes AS is called A1..so if you took A1 & A2 you've taken you're AL
3-depending on the subject,if it's math,biology,chemistry or physics i don't prefer taking it as " Linear " but if it's like IT i would take it Linear.
4-yea..many friends i know are going to take AS math this november,but i don't prefer,i'm going to take it next june isA
5-yea of course,if you're really persist and they'll be 100% sure that you'll be able to complete the syllabus and solve past papers in this 3 months..!!

good luck..and wish me luck with my grades on 12th of august...! :)

Reaction score
AS and A2 combined makes Alevel.. It depend you what you want to do.. you can take both in one session or you could divide it by doing AS first and then appearing for A2.. As to whats better.. There is a diverse opinion about it..

You can go engineering with that combination but take physics too..
And obviously you can give maths in November session
Umm that depends on your school policy.. Like my school doesnt allow us to appear in november session

Reaction score
Kindly dont make same topics in two separate forums. Post in appropriate sections. I have merged both the topics .

Reaction score
i am opting for maths, physics, bio, economics and Urdu. so if i take these subjects, then is business, engineering, and medical field open for me in future? i want to find my interest in a levels and then decide that which filed i will choose but now i wanna know that if i take these subjects then will i be able to choose any of the fields mentioned above....kindly help..

Reaction score
well u can cope with any field later on provided tht u refer to the relevant books.however it depends on the universities criterias in which u want to go.

Reaction score
rviboy said:
i am opting for maths, physics, bio, economics and Urdu. so if i take these subjects, then is business, engineering, and medical field open for me in future? i want to find my interest in a levels and then decide that which filed i will choose but now i wanna know that if i take these subjects then will i be able to choose any of the fields mentioned above....kindly help..

I don't think that'll get you into every field.

But here's an idea, why not take Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology? that'll sure help you.
Science students can also go to the commerce fields, and with these subjects, you can also go to the medical field and also engineering, like I said, everywhere!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
@ phobia: with this combination u can change field aftr z exam n do finance or accounting for tertiary studies or u can choose any ozer field.
in fact in mauritius, zer are many accountant or evn bussinessman who took zis combination in hsc!!!

Reaction score
it means if i add chemistry in my subject selection then it would be ok and i can then later decide for watever field i wanna go.... but this will bcm really difficult i think to cop with sciencs subjects maths n econmoics aswell...gotta think about it cnt drop economics bcz i have interest in it ... i am really confused regarding this all anywyas tnx u all 4 help..:)