• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level English Language Help and Support

Reaction score
Salam everyone! I cud not find much of English Language threads around here, so i thought y not create one myself :p Purpose : ofcourse to keep all language students connected and let them share whatever they have to about language - links, info, websites - whatever you have, just post it here :)

Reaction score
Many of you might already know that the syllabus code for language has changed from 8693 to 9093. Candidates appearing in 2014 will be the first to attempt the paper of this code. An additional 15 minutes are provided now for paper 1, in which you can read the passages carefully. First question has now been made compulsory to attempt in p1.

Reaction score
I'm interested in taking English Language, composite (AS+A2) in M/J '14. How many papers would that be, and any books/coursework?

Reaction score
I'm interested in taking English Language, composite (AS+A2) in M/J '14. How many papers would that be, and any books/coursework?

There are 4 pprz altogether. I dont know much about the other two papers which we have to give in A2. I have some material regarding p1, i will be posting it soon on this thread IA :)

Reaction score
Keep me updated, planning on doing the same thing as Kaka, AS and A2 together, how hard is that etc?

Reaction score
Many of you might already know that the syllabus code for language has changed from 8693 to 9093. Candidates appearing in 2014 will be the first to attempt the paper of this code. An additional 15 minutes are provided now for paper 1, in which you can read the passages carefully. First question has now been made compulsory to attempt in p1.

I was going through the past paper, so you mean we HAVE to do the first one? and we have a choice with either 2 or 3, correct?

Reaction score
I was going through the past paper, so you mean we HAVE to do the first one? and we have a choice with either 2 or 3, correct?
yea, passage 1 is compulsory now. here is the specimen, give it a look ...

Attachments

• 129295-9093-specimen-paper-1-2014-.pdf
    126.1 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
This is the syllabus outline for code 9093

Attachments

• 145319-cambridge-international-al-english-syllabus-outline.pdf
    418.2 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score

Are we being given extra time as a slight advantage because its a new syllabus or because its harder? Will subsequent(3rd or 4th session) candidates for E.Lang 9093 receive the same treatment?

Also, is it possible/advisable to give the whole subject in one go? Full A level. I entered privately for my AS level and didn't give GP putting it off to next year. I want to appear now in Eng. Lang. Should I do the full A level or is even AS level acceptable(as that is how much the previous syllabus offered)?

Also, where can I find Sample papers 2, 3 and 4? Are we getting lucky enough to also get sample responses?

Did they recommend books to study?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Go onto google, you can find one batch of sample papers, other than that. I didn't find anything, moreover, lemme know about the book if you find anything. Lastly, i might do the edxcel ones to maybe get a feel of the questions the paper 3 and 4.

Reaction score
i didn't see any english language 9093 subject option while i was registering for oct/nov 2014 exams..i am a private candidate..how am i supposed to register for this subject? :(