• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level English Language (9093) grades?

Reaction score
Hey guys how many of you managed to get a good grade in this paper? I flunked my English paper :'(

Reaction score
I didnt really flunk, but got a D.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW, considering Im pretty decent

Reaction score
a B...wow! I think its very good, any university will accept you without any hesitation....because this paper is really tough! Good work (Y)
but im screwed...:\

Reaction score
Anyone here who appeared for the A2 part of the course? There were no reference books or syllabus details for the thing so I'm curious to know how people prepared for it.

Cheers!

Reaction score
I think it's because the course wasn't that well defined - this being the first time the subject was offered as full-credit. This isn't your average O' Level English exam - most talented students were unable to secure good grades owing to the vague nature of the exam itself. It's more socio-linguistics than English. I'll bet most students weren't expecting to have to study Chomsky, Piaget and Crystal as part of this - I know I wasn't ;)
I didnt really flunk, but got a D.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW, considering Im pretty decent