• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Economics:

Reaction score
Please help
Thanks in advanc
Hello! The market clearing price has to be such a price that ensures total Supply is equal to 12 clocks. Only at $2(000) is Supply equal to 12 with X having 2, Y having 4 and Z having 6 clocks. Since the question tells us that at the beginning each collector had 4 clocks, it means that X is willing to sell two clocks (hence, the 2 in quantity) and Z is willing to purchase 2 clocks (thus the 6 in quantity)

So the answer is D

Reaction score
Hello! The market clearing price has to be such a price that ensures total Supply is equal to 12 clocks. Only at $2(000) is Supply equal to 12 with X having 2, Y having 4 and Z having 6 clocks. Since the question tells us that at the beginning each collector had 4 clocks, it means that X is willing to sell two clocks (hence, the 2 in quantity) and Z is willing to purchase 2 clocks (thus the 6 in quantity)

So the answer is D
Thanks alot

Reaction score

So the answer is D
i still dont get it pls

Reaction score
i still dont get it pls
I don't know if you're online but: Total Supply remains at 12 clocks since only 12 clocks were made. You have to find a combination of price and quantity which ensures that 12 clocks are present in the market. Try $1(000) : X has 4, Y has 6, and Z has 10 clocks, so this is incorrect. But when the price is $2(000), the total supply comes to 12 clocks. So only this price can be the Market clearing price. Hope you understand now (y)

Plz explain me this one.
You have to find the ratio of Clothes to Food as this ratio is used in the question.

Country X - Country Y
Part A 1 : 3 - 1 : 2 Country X has comparative advantage in Clothes and Y of Food. But rate will not benefit both.
Part B 1 : 1 - 1 : 1 Same advantage so no trade.
Part C 1: 2 - 1 : 1 Country X has advantage in Food and Y in Clothes. And the rate will benefit both countries.
Part D 1 : 1/2 - 1 : 1 Country X has advantage in Clothes and Y in Food, but once more the rate is un-advantageous.