• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Economics:

Reaction score
AS ECONOMICS P2 and P4 guess as well as O level P2 guess will be available here 15th October 2013. Kepp watching this thread and I will appreciate if you post your doubts here for discussion.
sir, I need help with this one

Which of the following will necessarily cause the supply curve of labour in a particular industry to
shift to the right?
A a fall in wages paid in similar occupations
B a greater use of machinery
C an increase in demand for the product
D a strengthening of trade union influence in the industry

A is the answer but i don understand how a fall in wage shifts supply curve to right.

Reaction score
Out of any addition to national income, 20 % is spent on imports, 25 % is paid in taxes, 5 % is
saved and the rest is spent on domestically produced goods.
What is the value of the multiplier?
A 20 B 5 C 2 D 0.5
Answer is C.HOW?

Reaction score

Which of the following will necessarily cause the supply curve of labour in a particular industry to
shift to the right?

A is the answer but i don understand how a fall in wage shifts supply curve to right.

Are you sure its A? Please give me the paper year?
Thanks

Reaction score

shift to the right?

Fall in wages in similar industry means now people will not supply themseleves for that low paid industry, rather they will move to the other (particular) industry therefore supply will rise for a particular industry and supply curve for labour will shift to the right.

Reaction score
Out of any addition to national income, 20 % is spent on imports, 25 % is paid in taxes, 5 % is
saved and the rest is spent on domestically produced goods.
What is the value of the multiplier?
A 20 B 5 C 2 D 0.5
Answer is C.HOW?
multiplier in four sector economy is
k = 1/pms+MPT+MPM = 1/0.0.5 + 0.25 + 0.2 = 1/0.5 = 2
20% = 0.2, 25% = 0.25 and 5% =0.05.
Hope you got it.

Reaction score
I am really very happy to see your discussion. I remained very busy in updating my books and could not check this thread. However, I will try to check your issues on and on. Keep it up! Wish all of you very best of luck!

Reaction score
Hello sir, is it possible that you could check my answers for the paper 2 if i send them to you? Any help would be appreciated, thank you x