• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Computing : Sample Project + Universal(.Net) Help

Do computing teachers in your college provide adequate guidance on the practical module?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello and Assalamaoalikum, xpc. Im posting my Alevel Project that I did back in 2011. This file is around 80% complete. The final one I lost, when www.megaupload.com died, so make do with this , please. It will certainly help Alevel computing students out a great deal.

My final project earned me 60/60. I have also attached the final release of the software below. Direct, Resume-able, Media-fire link to make life easy.

I also recorded the proceeding of my work on video using hypercam. ALL of it is available on video (see screenshot). If someone wants it, request below, and ill start encoding and uploading.

357hzdx.jpg

** You are advised to pay SPECIAL attention to the "log" file at the end of the document. The "log" is a narration of every single step that I took from day 1 of the project, to the initiation of the final documentation work. Drafted below :

-------------------------
Next Day
-------------------------

-> Added a few more buttons on the main page.
-> Added login update form. Added dB details on it. Also a navigation pane. Testing it.
-> Test successful. Works like a charm.
-> Creating Payroll Form.
-> Added Loan Table to database. Linked it with pay calculator table.

-> Added data source for main database.
-> Added binding source for department.
-> Added binding source for loan.
-> Added binding source for payroll.
-> Added binding source navigator for department.
-> Added binding source navigator for loan.
-> Added binding source navigator for payroll.
-> Finished designing form4. Added timer.
-> Added button codes for form4.
-> Fine tuning the designs.
-> Added code for loan calculation:

| Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e |As System.EventArgs) |Handles Button2.Click
| BalanceTextBox.Text = Val(Total_Loan_AmountTextBox.Text) - |Val(Loan_Amount_ReturnedTextBox.Text)
| End Sub

-> New code for payroll calculation:
|Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e |As System.EventArgs) |Handles Button1.Click
|Net_PayTextBox.Focus()
|LoanTextBox.Text = BalanceTextBox.Text() <---- This is the |additional line.
|'This line calculates the gross pay:
|Gross_PayTextBox.Text = Val(House_RentTextBox.Text) + |Val(Adhoc_ReliefTextBox.Text) + Val(House_RentTextBox.Text)
|'This line calculates the net pay
|Net_PayTextBox.Text = Val(Gross_PayTextBox.Text) - |Val(GP_FundTextBox.Text) - |Val(LoanTextBox.Text) - |Val(AdvanceTextBox.Text) - |Val(Absentee_DeductionTextBox.Text) - |Val(Staff_FoodTextBox.Text)
|End Sub *******************************************************************

-> Converted both database files to "data files" in app options.
-> Published app for testing.

-> Login form and database works PERFECTLY!
-> Some problem in Loan form. Database linking error.
-> Some field is required somewhere in case of "Pay Calculator" form.
-> Reviewing database.
-> A few spelling mistakes noted in the database. fixing.
-> Adding reports to the db : "by month" "by year" "by department" "by name".
-> Added year field in pay calculator table.
-> year field name set as "Record Year".
-> Re-added data source, re-added all three table details to form4 (payroll).
-> Published the app the second time. with the name "Published(test)2" the prev name was "Published(test)1".
-> Now testing.
-> Failed. Parameter error. maybe i have left the previous binding sources on the form. trying after deleting.
-> Deleted. Republishing as "Published (test)3".
-> Failed. Wrong sources deleted. Re-establishing everything in that form.

-> Deleted all sources and navigators.
-> Readding.
-> Republishing as "Published (test)4".
-> Failure and success. Failure because fields are still not updating. Success because the department field is updating, which wasnt happening before. looking into it. This test termed "semi successful".
-> Republishing as "Published (test)5".
-> Test failed again. Nothing works this time around. Looks like will have to delete all data sources and add them again.
-> Readded everything. Republished as "Published(test)6".
-> Testing.
-> Opened payroll form. Department and payroll calculator are a SUCCESS!!!! :)
-> Testing data input. this will determine the success of the loan table and its navigator.
-> Saved some data. Closed.
-> Reopened.
-> MOMENT OF TRUTH!!!! STATUS: still doesnt work. =( looks like the linking between the payroll and loan tables in the dB is the problem.
-> Republished as “Published(test)7". Hoping it works now.
-> SUCCESSFULL!!!!! loan retained the data i fed to it.

If you are making your project already, and you're stuck in code, or some lousy step somewhere, please by all means ask away. I'll answer ALL queries, as soon as i can. But please note, that im experienced with vb .NET and C++ code ONLY. ill accept vba (MS Access) queries too, but answering them will take time.

Documentation screenshots:

1)
66vxjn.jpg

2)
2d8f6ag.jpg

3)
rirvaa.jpg

4)
2agkvbp.jpg

Project Documentation
~25m

Final Software iso : *Currently Uploading*
~160m

Final Software Development files (.sln , .suo, everything else....)
~14m

^ the dev files require the pre-installation of the following; (if you don't want a million errors staring you in the face ^^)
1)Vb 2010 express
2)Vb power tools
3) Data-grid view extension
4).Net framework 4.0
5)Krypton Toolkit

^ all of the above are included in the final software iso. But do let me know if you want separate links for them. ^^

Recordings :

clip1 (0002)
clip2 (0004)
clip3 (0008)
clip4 (0009)
clip5 (0010)
clip6 (0011)
clip7 (0012)
clip8 (0013)
clip9 (0015)
clip10 (0016)
clip11 (0017)
clip12 (0018)
clip13 (0019)
clip14 (0020)
clip15 (0024)
clip16 (0025)
clip17 (0026)
clip18 (0027)
clip19 (0028)
clip20(0029)
clip21(0030)
clip22(0031)

Hope this helps!

Note : an Olevel project with a final mark of 47/50 will be added soon! (along with a reason of why the 3 marks were lost)

Reaction score
Can i PLEASE have your project....i really need it to check mine...Urgent PLEASE!!! ......thank u!!!
Hello and Assalamaoalikum, xpc. Im posting my Alevel Project that I did back in 2011. This file is around 80% complete. The final one I lost, when www.megaupload.com died, so make do with this , please. It will certainly help Alevel computing students out a great deal.

My final project earned me 60/60. I have also attached the final release of the software below. Direct, Resume-able, Media-fire link to make life easy.

I also recorded the proceeding of my work on video using hypercam. ALL of it is available on video (see screenshot). If someone wants it, request below, and ill start encoding and uploading.

357hzdx.jpg

** You are advised to pay SPECIAL attention to the "log" file at the end of the document. The "log" is a narration of every single step that I took from day 1 of the project, to the initiation of the final documentation work. Drafted below :

If you are making your project already, and you're stuck in code, or some lousy step somewhere, please by all means ask away. I'll answer ALL queries, as soon as i can. But please note, that im experienced with vb .NET and C++ code ONLY. ill accept vba (MS Access) queries too, but answering them will take time.

1)
66vxjn.jpg

2)
2d8f6ag.jpg

3)
rirvaa.jpg

4)
2agkvbp.jpg

Project Documentation
~25m

~160m

~14m

^ the dev files require the pre-installation of the following; (if you don't want a million errors staring you in the face ^^)
1)Vb 2010 express
2)Vb power tools
4).Net framework 4.0
5)Krypton Toolkit

^ all of the above are included in the final software iso. But do let me know if you want separate links for them. ^^

Recordings : *upon request*
~variable size

Hope this helps!

Note : an Olevel project with a final mark of 47/50 will be added soon! (along with a reason of why the 3 marks were lost)

357hzdx.jpg

1)
66vxjn.jpg

2)
2d8f6ag.jpg

3)
rirvaa.jpg

4)
2agkvbp.jpg

Project Documentation
~25m

~160m

~14m

1)Vb 2010 express
2)Vb power tools
4).Net framework 4.0
5)Krypton Toolkit

Recordings : *upon request*
~variable size

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Can u pls help me..i get an error like this...(check the uploaded JPG file pls)
I have installed vb 2010, vb powerpacks, netframework 4.0 and krypton 4.4.0
the error is with the krpton toolbox i think....Can u pls send me the krypton 4.3.1 download link..when search for this in the net i get 4.4.0..if u can pls upload it here
thank you!

krypton error.JPG

Reaction score
Can u pls help me..i get an error like this...(check the uploaded JPG file pls)
I have installed vb 2010, vb powerpacks, netframework 4.0 and krypton 4.4.0
the error is with the krpton toolbox i think....Can u pls send me the krypton 4.3.1 download link..when search for this in the net i get 4.4.0..if u can pls upload it here
thank you!

View attachment 31508

heyh. did you change anything in the code or was it already there when you first open the sln file?
Krypton kit is backward compatible, so shouldnt give a problem. But here it (krypton kit 4.3.1) is anyway :

http://BillionUploads.com/slitt622wjij

Reaction score
But now i get this error too, because, i think the krypton toolkit u gave is a trial version.. Can i have the registration key pls?
thank u!!!error 1.JPG

Reaction score
But now i get this error too, because, i think the krypton toolkit u gave is a trial version.. Can i have the registration key pls?
thank u!!!View attachment 31517

nah, i never used the premium features of krypton.
the error is not the registration of the toolkit, mate. The errors are to do with the adobe acrobat dll file. You should install adobe reader X, and that should automatically put the file in your windows directory, where vb can read it from. If it doesn't, let me know.

Adobe X : http://BillionUploads.com/otjdfxeouvk1

Reaction score
Norton, since you are following the project, im uploading the video recordings for you. will post the links when im done with me tax class today..

Cheers.

Reaction score
nah, i never used the premium features of krypton.
the error is not the registration of the toolkit, mate. The errors are to do with the adobe acrobat dll file. You should install adobe reader X, and that should automatically put the file in your windows directory, where vb can read it from. If it doesn't, let me know.

Adobe X : http://BillionUploads.com/otjdfxeouvk1
Thanks it worked (y)(y):D...no errors to be found now!