• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Computing 9691 HELP!!!

Reaction score
hi, anyone here who has appeared in A levels computing paper and passed it... i need help. im making project for as level.... and the sample project that i have is of like 200 pages while its written in examiner report that this project could be very well explained in 70 to 80 pages... wth... why should i waste my time then, making a 200 paged as level project... plz if anyone has their project (ofcourse from the person who has passed out already) i would like to see it for guidance.... its urgent i'm appearing in nov 2010 session...

regards.

Reaction score
HI incognito,

I read your post and unfortunately I have not done A Levels computing but I have a plan to do it in upcoming session. Its really awkward to ask you as you too are finding some help but can you tell me what happened about your project? Have you given your AS? Can you tell me about the project? What examiner really want from us? i have read the syllabus but its making me confuse. Please i need some help. Please help me :( I would be grateful to you.

Reaction score
From this session of Nov/Oct 2012 syllabus, no project should be submitted in order to pass the AS level. Only program debugging is necessary for Paper 2 and past Paper 2(project) has been moved for Paper 4 that is for A2.

As moving on to your subject, I have my seniors who has passed the AS and submitted their projects. I think you should consults you seniors too. I will try to provide you if I can.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!!
just see the date..this was asked in early september..he must have given it by now :D ;) :p
now @incognito_88 u tell..how was ur paper and what abt ur project :)

Reaction score
yea i've given complete a levels in nov 2010 session. i made both the projects... projects are easy but i was short of time so i asked for help.. but i managed. the papers were easy in this session. the syllabus is changing from may 2011 session and now there is going to be a practical task for as level instead of project as far as i can see it would be easy compared to the project provided that you have a sound grip on which ever programming language is taught to u... if you need any help regarding a2's project feel free to ask i would be more than happy to help you guys... for a start i would suggest you going through the syllabus out line for the projects, its clearly mentioned there what the guys at cie are looking for and after that do read the examiner reports, the most common mistakes in the projects are pointed out there quite clearly... computing is quite an easy subject to score good in provided u know how to attempt the paper.... for theory papers its MUST THAT YOU TRY TO GIVE YOUR ANSWERS IN POINT FORMS.. they prefer this... i have notes for theory if you want them i can email them to you.. best of luck..