• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
2004 not 2002 ,btw i started doing them in february so i thought i will have enough time and practice,(the more the better) but honestly 2004-2009 ones are easy af like i get 39 or 40 in them,but recent years i get maximum 36..Are 36/40 (i messed up in my p3)
I started doing them in late march,silly me :( .I got 36/40 in latest paper.

Reaction score
Which statements about water movement in plants are correct?
1 Water can pass through cellulose cell walls.
2 Water can pass through lignified cell walls.
3 Water cannot pass through suberin in cell walls.

A 1, 2 and 3 B 1 and 2 only C 1 and 3 only D 2 and 3 only

HELP PLZ!

Reaction score
Its C because the the amount of carbon dioxide produced or oxygen used does not depend on the surface area. However, the no of hormones detected are on cell surface membrane and thus its affected by surface area
True

Reaction score
Its C because the the amount of carbon dioxide produced or oxygen used does not depend on the surface area. However, the no of hormones detected are on cell surface membrane and thus its affected by surface area
Sorrryyy it's C yes u right

Reaction score
Hormones are detected by the receptors on membrane of the cell. So the greater the cell surface area, the bigger the number of receptors that can detect hormones. The amount of gases used/produced in respiration are dependent on cell volume, as the bigger the cell the more consumption/production