• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w12_qp_33.pdf

Please anyone explain me the calibration part! In DETAIL!
Thank you :)

HEEELLLPP!!!!

Refer the working first, they have given us keh 1 micrometer div is 0.01mm and look i can see that 10 micrometer div(bigger ones) equals to 42 eye piece div(smaller ones), so i'll work out that what is the length of 10 micrometer div. and the length is equal to 42 eyepiece div, so for one eyepiece div, i haveto divide the length with 42 and for step 2, we need to change it to micrometers as our anwer in step 1 is in mm. hope u get that

Attachments

• IMAG1550.jpg
    IMAG1550.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 42
Reaction score
Refer the working first, they have given us keh 1 micrometer div is 0.01mm and look i can see that 10 micrometer div(bigger ones) equals to 42 eye piece div(smaller ones), so i'll work out that what is the length of 10 micrometer div. and the length is equal to 42 eyepiece div, so for one eyepiece div, i haveto divide the length with 42 and for step 2, we need to change it to micrometers as our anwer in step 1 is in mm. hope u get that
Awesome !!(y)
Thnx !!:)

Reaction score
Here you see...
L is slerenchyma, m is phloem , n is cambium and p is xylem...You have to compare their length with the stage micrometer given in the figure (i.e -> 30 divisions from r to k(actually 9 cm from ruler)) i got l m n p as 5 ,5 ,5 ,15 total = 30
then make diagram accordingly to the given figure :) (Y)

Attachments

• yea.PNG
    yea.PNG
    122.9 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score

I am a new user here, so can u help me in this question here http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w12_qp_31.pdf q2)b)1

Reaction score
Thank you!