• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i doubt they'd ask such a bizarre question, but if you must, selecting mitochondria will be better. We don't even go into great detail on the double bi-lipid layer of the nuclear membrane anyway in A level.
they did ask in M/J 2003 P1 Q. no. 2.....................anywayz thnxx :)

Reaction score
View attachment 36636

can someone explain why the answer to question 11 is A.Thanks!! =) =)
As the frozen water has lower density it remained above the water, forming a layer during winter but as summer comes the frozen water melts and its density decreases. The nutrients dissolved in water as water is good solvent comes on the surface.

Reaction score
ik................itz a MCQ so ofcoz they won't ask da reason
when you said "they did ask" quoting the post where he says "i doubt they'd ask such a bizarre question"
The bizarre question is stating the reason... and you said they have asked but they haven't asked you i was just clearing the fact you misunderstood :rolleyes:

Reaction score
when you said "they did ask" quoting the post where he says "i doubt they'd ask such a bizarre question"
The bizarre question is stating the reason... and you said they have asked but they haven't asked you i was just clearing the fact you misunderstood :rolleyes:
lol k bt i guess he was tokin abt da question..........n abt dis msq if i jst need da answer den i can look at da mark scheme............so i was jst trynna knw da reason :)

Reaction score
upload_2014-3-5_16-20-43.png
in the question:-
"State three features of the leaf, visible in Fig. 3.1, which show that it has developed in
a sunny position.
"

the markscjeme mentions
>smaller air spaces
>thick leaf

I dont understand how smaller air spaces are an adaptive feature.
Nor do I undertsnad how we are supposed to know if the leaf is thick or thin because for me 450micrometres in THIN.

Can anyone please explain?

THANKS!

Reaction score
Reaction score
AND PLEASE Anyyonee I need any guiddes or points that will help me proceed with paper 5 as itss so HARD !:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
lol k bt i guess he was tokin abt da question..........n abt dis msq if i jst need da answer den i can look at da mark scheme............so i was jst trynna knw da reason :)
well the reason is obvious that Chloroplast and mitochondria have internal membranes but it seemed like you need a reason why do they have internal membranes :)

Reaction score
Explain, interms of protein structure, how it is possible for each T cell receptor to bind specifically to one type of antigen. [3]
Please help. Thanks :)