• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
"The allele for grey fur in a species of animal is dominant to white, and the allele for long tail is dominant to short.
Using the symbols, G and g for coat color, and T and t for tail length, draw a genetic diagram to show the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring you would expect from a cross between a pure-breeding grey animal with a long tail and a pure-breeding white animal with a short tail."

How do all the offsprings have genotype GgTt. Could somebody draw the genetic diagram for me to have an idea of it?

Reaction score
"The allele for grey fur in a species of animal is dominant to white, and the allele for long tail is dominant to short.
Using the symbols, G and g for coat color, and T and t for tail length, draw a genetic diagram to show the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring you would expect from a cross between a pure-breeding grey animal with a long tail and a pure-breeding white animal with a short tail."

How do all the offsprings have genotype GgTt. Could somebody draw the genetic diagram for me to have an idea of it?
Is this question from the past papers?

Reaction score
Wouldn't dominant (G) be white and dominant (T) be short since the question says:
The allele for grey fur in a species of animal is dominant to white, and the allele for long tail is dominant to short ?? :p
No,I think it's the other way round.I'm abit confused now. :p
Midnight dream what do you say how should it be?

Reaction score
No,I think it's the other way round.I'm abit confused now. :p
Midnight dream what do you say how should it be?
Yeah even I'm confused :p
I don't get it why it says
The allele for grey fur in a species of animal is dominant to white
Does that mean the dominant allele codes for grey or white fur? :eek:

Reaction score
can someone please explain this point in the syllabus which is under Chapter 14: Homeostasis
i) outline the role of cyclic AMP as a second messenger with reference to the stimulation of liver cells by adrenaline and glucagon.

I understand glucagon and cyclic AMP but not adrenaline :/

Reaction score
bio practical question1.jpg How to find the percentage concentration of salt? and what exactly do they mean by percentage concentration of salt? (summer 2009, practical paper 32)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Normal venous pressure in the feet is 3.3 kPa. When a person stands very still venous blood
pressure in the feet rises to 5.0 kPa. What causes the high pressure?
A Muscles in the walls of the veins contract, reducing the diameter of the veins.
B Skeletal muscles in the legs are not squeezing blood upward in the veins.
C Systolic blood pressure increases.
D The semilunar valves in the veins of the leg cease to function.