• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Oopsee I completely forgot to change that. :oops:
There won't be any RBC but some WBC can squeeze through.I myself had a doubt about whether phagocytes will be there or not. :(
Thank you btw for reminding me! :)I'll edit that post ASAP.
Thank you it took a lot of time,but I didn't EXACTLY type it all I copied the question from past paper ( but obviously added some things).
Best of Luck!
Oh actually I'm not sure if phagocytes exist in tissue fluid. I know WBCs can, but maybe they're only lymphocytes... So yeah not sure about it.

Reaction score
TRANSPORT IN MAMMALS :)
EDIT:There is a mistake in the notes
"What does tissue fluid contain?
Platelets and protein concentration low as compared to plasma But NO phagocytes"

The tissue fluid is almost identical to the composition of plasma.However, it contains less proteins molecules than plasma as they are too large to escape through the tiny gaps.
Although RBCs are not present some WBCs may squeeze through.

POST EDITED PLEASE CHECK

Reaction score
just some help in p1
Its better you post your doubts here the other members can also help you. :)
I might not be able to answer all questions and might not have a lot of time.
Post your doubts here the members and I will help you as much as possible. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...wp-content/uploads/2012/11/9700_s13_qp_11.pdf
Why is q39 A? Doesnt Nitrogen fixation need anaerobic conditions?
I'm guessing cuz I'm bad at ecology...
Nitrogen fixation done by NITROGENASE requires anaerobic conditions, and in legumes the bacteria in root nodules are provided with the anaerobic conditions by the plant having a substance in the nodules called leghaemoglobin, which effectively mops up all the oxygen. Because it absorbs it all.
So the condition in soil can be aerobic.