• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Which is NOT a way in which energy is lost between a producer and a primary consumer?
A. As chemical energy in the faeces if a primary consumer
B. As chemical energy in roots that are not eaten by primary consumer
C. As heat from respiration in the cells of a primary consumer
D. As heat from respiration in the cells of the producer

I think it's B

Reaction score
Which is NOT a way in which energy is lost between a producer and a primary consumer?
A. As chemical energy in the faeces if a primary consumer
B. As chemical energy in roots that are not eaten by primary consumer
C. As heat from respiration in the cells of a primary consumer
D. As heat from respiration in the cells of the producer

I think it's B

Yeaaah I think it is B as well cuz actually this energy is not taken as it wont be eaten !

Reaction score
Yeaaah I think it is B as well cuz actually this energy is not taken as it wont be eaten !
How sure are you that it won't be eaten there are animals who eat roots like a bandicoot it eats root
idk the answer but i would go for A Its not between the producer and primary its between the primary and secondary

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg Could someone one please answer these! Cause according to the marking scheme, tissue fluid has the same composition as blood plasma (including protei content)...but it could be wrong cause they're not the actual cie marking schemes

Reaction score
View attachment 37974 View attachment 37976 Could someone one please answer these! Cause according to the marking scheme, tissue fluid has the same composition as blood plasma (including protei content)...but it could be wrong cause they're not the actual cie marking schemes

27) I guess C as tissur fluid lacks plasma proteins
31) A as cholera is caused by feeding on contimated food from sewage or drinking continmated water
while 2 and 3 causes T.B

Reaction score
27) I guess C as tissur fluid lacks plasma proteins
31) A as cholera is caused by feeding on contimated food from sewage or drinking continmated water
while 2 and 3 causes T.B
27 is B according to the marking scheme on xtremepapers. And why doesn't unpasteurized milk spread cholera?

Reaction score
27 is B according to the marking scheme on xtremepapers. And why doesn't unpasteurized milk spread cholera?

it's not the unpasteurized milk for cholera as its is caused by a virus and the milk if it not pasteurized would contain bacteria leading to T.B..

Reaction score
A human aorta has a lumen width of 2cm. A human red blood cell has a diameter of 7um. How many red blood cells could be laid end to end across the diameter of the aorta lumen?

A. 2.9 x 10-3
B. 2.9 x 10-2
C. 2.9 x 102 (10 raised to the power 2)
D. 2.9 x 103 (10 raised to the power 3)

Reaction score
A human aorta has a lumen width of 2cm. A human red blood cell has a diameter of 7um. How many red blood cells could be laid end to end across the diameter of the aorta lumen?

A. 2.9 x 10-3
B. 2.9 x 10-2
C. 2.9 x 102 (10 raised to the power 2)
D. 2.9 x 103 (10 raised to the power 3)

IS IT D ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w10_qp_12.pdf

Anyone please, I Have doubts in this paper !!
Q) 28 ........ why not its A ?
Q) 33 .......Why not D ?
Q) 36 ...... why is it D eventho examiner report said it cant be that it will always cause human to die
Q28) as hey said ALL blood vessels if you see capillaries don't have any of those but endothelial and arteries and veins too have endothelial this
capillaries don't have collages elastic or smooth muscle
Q33) 3 is not correct that's why.
if it was correct then the Oxygen in the alveolar would diffuse in to the the blood and would give more O2 concentration in the veins (1,2 is correct)
Q)36 i would go for B :/ I have no idea about this one

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    537.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w10_qp_12.pdf
Q) 36 ...... why is it D eventho examiner report said it cant be that it will always cause human to die
About the 36th one, D is the only correct option. The question was 'Which is NOT supported by the data'. The data shows that S. aureus causes deaths, but inferring from the declining pattern of the first column, we see that the rate for deaths from the classic S. aureus falls. That supports the idea that the classic strain of S. aureus is treatable. Hence, the statement that S. aureus will ALWAYS cause humans to die is wrong.
I think you just misread the question. Read it again with focus and concentration. You'll get it. :)

Reaction score
The right answer to 27 is B. The column of proteins refers to all types of proteins, and smaller proteins, polypeptides and amino acids do exist in the tissue fluid because they are able to pass through the capillary gaps. When the book content says that 'Plasma proteins are retained in the capillary', the text is referring to the 'larger' protein molecules which cannot cross the capillary wall.