• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
....wats the best source to study application topics....BOOKLET,BOOK or.......???

Reaction score
in the marking scheme to ESSAY-question relating to role of auxin in apical dominance........it mentions role of ABA and cytokinins,,...bt it does nt tells wat is the role over there........cn anybody tell wats the role of these two substances ova' there

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
....wats the best source to study application topics....BOOKLET,BOOK or.......???
As-salam-o-alaikum!

I think you study and understand the topic from the guide and then have a look at the application booklet...as the booklet alone is really boring to read ;)

Do pastpaper questions to get a good grasp!

I too have just started...and this is just what i think...my opinion!!!!

Reaction score
in the marking scheme to ESSAY-question relating to role of auxin in apical dominance........it mentions role of ABA and cytokinins,,...bt it does nt tells wat is the role over there........cn anybody tell wats the role of these two substances ova' there

The book doesn't even mentions the role of ABA and Cytokinins in Apical dominance. It's just that Auxin works along with other factors as tested experimentally. And according to a hypothesis these may be ABA or Cytokinins but we don't know for sure. So we can just mention this and can't explain.

Reaction score
Can sum1 tell me the role of motor neurone in the reflex arc? I mean "explain" coz i dnt seem to understand the markscheme points..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Can sum1 tell me the role of motor neurone in the reflex arc? I mean "explain" coz i dnt seem to understand the markscheme points..
As-salam-o-alaikum!

Can you plz tell me which year is it?

Reaction score
need some help nd explanation in the following mcqs. thanks a lot.
how many different polypeptides, each consisting of r amino acids, can be made if the number of different amino acids available is n?
a) n^r
b) r^n
c) nr
d) n

2.which molecule is a cp-factor used by dehydrogenase enzymes?
a) coenzyme A
b) lactate
c) cytochrome
d) NAD

Reaction score
^lol at princess! i have the marking schemes :D i need little explanation but its ok. n.p thanks

Reaction score
q. describe arrangement of palisade mesophyll cells?
am i ryt abt the highlighted ms point?

Attachments

• m.j.o3 bio p4 q1.PNG
    m.j.o3 bio p4 q1.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
MARKSCHEME + ER busted!!!
Q.Describe how carbon dioxide is fixed in the stroma?
"The majority of candidates scored full marks, reference being made to carbon dioxide reacting with
RuBP to form PGA using Rubisco. Credit was also given for the role of ATP and reduced NADP in
the formation of PGA."
how the hell is atp and nadph used in formation of PGA.......according to mary jones they are involved in reducing PGA(GP) TO TP.......so why the hell ms is mentioning such a wrong thing......

Reaction score
from which angle does this stage looks like METAPHASE 2? markscheme has given alternative as telophase 1 bt only in brackets.....WTH is this...

Attachments

• meiosis.PNG
    meiosis.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 5

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
from which angle does this stage looks like METAPHASE 2? markscheme has given alternative as telophase 1 bt only in brackets.....WTH is this...
Assalamoalaikum!

since the chromosomes are at the equator, and there are two nuclei...it is metaphase of meiosis 2 ...inshort metaphase 2

Reaction score
bt brother how can there be two nuclei at metaphase 2 ......cytokinesis at the end of meiosis 1 would have separated those nuclei