• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Biology Paper 52 3rd May 2017

Reaction score
Nevermind
Its over now forget it
Good luck for tomorrow
I'm really scared for this
Physics is my weakness
Plus some of the paper 5 questions r shit

Ik, some scary looking crap in the paper 5. I'm hoping hall probe cause the other stuff is even uglier. Good luck!

Reaction score
Guys did you do p52?
What did you write for the question suggest a reason why cotton wool fibers were used? I wrote to prevent the crustacean from being displaced.
What did y'all write for the planning question?

For preparing the 100mgdm^-3 solution I wrote "crush 2 caffiene tablets using a mortar and pestle and place the powder in a 1 dm3 volumetric flask. Dissolve it with a little bit of distilled water and make up the contents of the flask up to 1dm3 mark using distilled water and shake the flask thoroughly."

What did you guys write for source of error and how the students could reduce it?
What about the question where why data is not sufficient to make conclusions?

And the last part of question 2?
same here! I wrote for it to stay still. and the last part of Q2, not enough experiments and sth else. btw, abt the last part of q2, are u talking about caffeine and cola one?

Reaction score
What did people answer for question 2, paper 52

The one on spearmans rank,
there was write a null hypothesis
work out the calculations

which critical value did you use?
and what was the explanation of the higher proportions of plants in higher mean jan temp.?

Reaction score
i wrote "to minimize any impact on daphnia while handling the slide"..will that be OK???

Reaction score
i wrote "to minimize any impact on daphnia while handling the slide"..will that be OK???
I wrote a similar answer that to "provide daphnia a suitable, soft place to rest so it does not get hurt/damaged when placing it on the slide"

Reaction score
this was a 2 mark question
i wrote use 100cm3 capacity burrette 5 times (i've seen such a statement in chemistry) to measure out 500cm3 water into a beaker. Add 1, 50mg caffeine pill into this and stir to make 500cm3 of 100mgdm-3 caffeine solution. I am pretty confident this can get me the 2 marks. Correct me if i am wrong.

didint the question specified to use caffiene tablets to prepare the solution?
was it tablet or pills?

Reaction score
Guys did you do p52?
What did you write for the question suggest a reason why cotton wool fibers were used? I wrote to prevent the crustacean from being displaced.
What did y'all write for the planning question?

For preparing the 100mgdm^-3 solution I wrote "crush 2 caffiene tablets using a mortar and pestle and place the powder in a 1 dm3 volumetric flask. Dissolve it with a little bit of distilled water and make up the contents of the flask up to 1dm3 mark using distilled water and shake the flask thoroughly."

What did you guys write for source of error and how the students could reduce it?
What about the question where why data is not sufficient to make conclusions?

And the last part of question 2?

instead of the crushing part i wrote 2 tablets are made dissolve by adding deionised water of 0.5dm3 into a measuring cylinder and stirred with a glass rod..later further 0.5dm3 water added..i know its not that strong answer but still will i get 2 marks for it?

and about teh source of error...i wrote "daphnia may stress.it was give some while to adjust their heart rate.."

and for teh other one..i wrote "small sample size..no statisitical test carried out to test teh correlation..

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was tablet. Sorry wrote that wrong here. Not in the paper.
what was ur reasoning for teh students conclution being not valid???.
i wrote "people should take high concentration of caffiene instead of increasing their intake of caffiene"..

Reaction score
i wrote "people should take high concentration of caffiene instead of increasing their intake of caffiene"..
taking high concentration of caffeine or high intake of caffeine are the same thing...
I do not exactly remember what the student's conclusion was... the conclusion might help me remember my answer :D

Reaction score
What did people answer for question 2, paper 52

The one on spearmans rank,
there was write a null hypothesis
work out the calculations

which critical value did you use?
and what was the explanation of the higher proportions of plants in higher mean jan temp.?
btw at what time do u sit for ur AM sessions, girl? ^_^

Reaction score
I wrote it's because the experiment did not involve humans or the effect of caffeine on relieving symptoms of tiredness so how would you even write that as your conclusion .-.