• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A in Maths on 89%

Reaction score
:( What should I do now ? I don't want to give the paper again. Should I get it rechecked ? Please give me some advice.

Reaction score
DONT GO FOE THE PAPER AGAIN..!! as far as i say if u ask me..!! and u r damn sure that recheck will give u A*,then go for recheck...but keep in mind that sometimes rechecking also decreases the % .... i also got B at 78% in first language urdu,though i am damn good in urdu but dont know that wat happened to the examiner while checking...so i am thinking to go for recheck ..but not for giving the paper again..!!

Reaction score
I am not damn sure :mrgreen: My maths is really good but I tend to make silly mistakes. Anyways if I get an A* it would be really good (since I was supposed to get an A*). I've heard some people saying that there is no use of paper rechecking in Maths. Is that true ?

Reaction score
once,my teacher told me that if a candidate scores marks like 79,89, they recheck the paper..but this time,as they decreased the grades by 10 marks,,...my one teacher said that they had done something in checking,as many students r not getting the results they expected,,...im one of them :(

Reaction score
I'd suggest you don't get it re-checked, it will be a waste of time and money. Be happy that you got an A and move on, if you can't then re-sit for it ;)

P.S

When you submit a re-check request, if required they only upgrade your percentage/grade ... they don't downgrade it.

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ these O Level grades do count when you go for admission in universities thats I why was asking . I'll think about it then because A in MATHS :eek: is a really bad thing.

Reaction score
lol A is not "bad" :D anyways, it will just increase ur marks by 5. nd thats not also confirmed that u will get A*, so i say don't go for recheck.

Reaction score
Jazib said:
lol A is not "bad" :D anyways, it will just increase ur marks by 5. nd thats not also confirmed that u will get A*, so i say don't go for recheck.
Rest of my grades are not good actually. I got 2A* 3A 3B. :( Thats why I want an A* to compensate with that. I should work hard next time. I only practiced Maths properly for a month before the exams. Was not really serious about it. :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Jazib said:
in dat case. this is an awesome result :p
Yeah ! I used to listen lectures carefully but did not practiced much at home until the exams were close. I studied 3 hrs at max per day when exams got close. :)

Reaction score
i will discuss wid my teachers and then most probably go for rechecking, plz can sum1 tell whats the procedure of rechecking?

Reaction score
My friend & his sister were too lucky then. Their grade was upgraded after getting rechecked. :D

Reaction score
Babri said:
Jazib said:
in dat case. this is an awesome result :p
Yeah ! I used to listen lectures carefully but did not practiced much at home until the exams were close. I studied 3 hrs at max per day when exams got close. :)
Hey! You studied for three hours and I slept for three hours. ;)