• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

a general question

Reaction score
i want to know whether universities in USA want our a level grades or just As ones. and if we have given maths paper in AS, can we drop A2 maths

Reaction score
Yes A2 is required. You will get the admission on the basis of your AS. They will give you a conditional offer demanding certain grades in your core subjects in A2.

Reaction score
Maths is essential for most of the universities and you cannot drop it once you've been admitted. In USA, you don't get a conditional offer but you still need your final A'levels grades.

Reaction score
thank you both for taking time out to reply to my post, i have some more questions. i am interested in doing microbiology, biotechnology or petroleum engineering. does anyone know which subjects will be required and which one will be the best. also which one involves the least maths between microbiology and biotechnology during university.

Reaction score
Both Microbiology and Biotechnology don't require alot of maths, so you can choose any of these two course and leave your fear of Maths behind. :p Whereas, petroleum engineering will definitely require you to complete A'levels Mathematics.

Reaction score
would it be fine if i have physics, maths and bio. and do these fields have scope in the future

Reaction score
You better take Chemistry, too. Biology and Chemistry are closely related. Plus, this subject combination will keep all your options open.

Reaction score
Nothing I guess. The reason is that almost every undergraduate university will ask for chemistry.
Just think that without chemistry you wont be able to achieve anything. That way, you will not have second thoughts about chem and will work even harder.

Reaction score
i mean if i take chem now 1 year will be wasted, can i take microbiology or biotech without chem as i read on some foreign forums that in some degrees the universities taught the basics of a level maths for those who had no taken maths in As( will post link when i find). also the courses you have to do in universities may include a unit or half a unit or no unit of chemistry and some other unit of some other subject maybe chosen e.g geography etc (in american universities). this is the reason i am asking you

Reaction score
if u do direct A levels nt AS level b4..thn wat grades do u send?nd wat is thr standing in front of sum1 who has given AS?how does it affect ur getting into university chances..

Reaction score
I doubt that they will teach you a level chem in university because chemistry is at its peak of innovation and universities concentrate more on new ideas then repeating what most of the students have already studied. But assuming that they do teach A level chem, it will become hard for you to understand at that point because they will be going very fast as most of the students would have studied chem already.

Reaction score
@cheema123: It's your school transcrispts, comprising of your A1 and Send-up result + the expected grades, that become part of your application for the universities.