• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A/AS level computing is required for UK universities?

Reaction score
Quite self explanatory question. Can i drop my computer studies from my combination of Computing, Chemistry, Physics, Math?
i have to do computer course from UK university.

Reaction score
Quite self explanatory question. Can i drop my computer studies from my combination of Computing, Chemistry, Physics, Math?
i have to do computer course from UK university.
My career councilor said that If you took Maths, Physics and Chemistry, you could still get study the course of Software Engineering and every other I.T field. I did not want to take 5 subjects for A levels but I wanted to take English Literature ,Maths, Physics and Chemistry and I asked whether I take Computing will have an effect on that. She said it would not so if you want to drop it, do it. Also ask your career councilor on this as well.

Reaction score
My career councilor said that If you took Maths, Physics and Chemistry, you could still get study the course of Software Engineering and every other I.T field. I did not want to take 5 subjects for A levels but I wanted to take English Literature ,Maths, Physics and Chemistry and I asked whether I take Computing will have an effect on that. She said it would not so if you want to drop it, do it. Also ask your career councilor on this as well.
Further math is extremely important. Further math, math and english literature would do the job for you( if you are sure that you are going to UK universities). Add physics or computer if you can manage 4 subjects. Believe me this would be the best combination for computer studies.
University of cambridge says that math is required, further math is prefered and computing or physics maybe helpful in course. Requirement is AAA* atleast.

Reaction score
My current combination is math, further math, physics and chemistry. And maybe computing as well which i will decide when i will feel burden of 5 subjects on my shoulders.