• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9709 MATHEMATICS P42 2014 GT

how was the paper and what do u expect the GT ??

• Easy( 45-50 for A)

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • Normal(40-44 for A)

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • Hard (35-40 for A)

Votes: 67 34.0%
  • Very hard less than 35 )

Votes: 74 37.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
if i got 19 in mechanics and 65 in pure what expected grade would i get in like an overall??

Reaction score
Stahhp, please.
Obviously, you can't expect anything less from an Antarctican Math lover (apparently really obsessive, too, considering how it's being displayed in your signature and all).
Btw, why not 49? Got a 2 mark part in q7 wrong? I thought it was supposed to be the shining example of 'something'? :p
Jk man, just taking out the frustration of forgetting the 1 minus distance thingy -.-
lmao got something wrong for sure. q7 was a piece of cake, don't talk abt that. i think it was something to do with the two tensions and an external force question :p

Reaction score
can someone post the marks on all the questions plz? and if i got the distance with limits 0-25 how many marks
i will lose? and if i didnt notice the weight in the tension question and used lami's method i will lose the whole question? :(
please someone reply

Last edited:
Reaction score
can someone post the marks on all the questions plz? and if i got the distance with limits 0-25 how many marks
i will lose? and if i didnt notice the weight in the tension question and used lami's method i will lose the whole question? :(
please someone reply

If you have drawn the fig on the ppr and then ignored the weight and used lemi therom then you'll lose marks and if haven't drawn it on your ans sheet and directly solved the question then you'll get 5/6 or even 6/6 and 1 mark will be deducted from whole of the ppr.

Reaction score
If you have drawn the fig on the ppr and then ignored the weight and used lemi therom then you'll lose marks and if haven't drawn it on your ans sheet and directly solved the question then you'll get 5/6 or even 6/6 and 1 mark will be deducted from whole of the ppr.
omg are u sure? but how don't they have the answer key and they know they are 4 forces not 3 cuz weight has to be there? :/

Reaction score
omg are u sure? but how don't they have the answer key and they know they are 4 forces not 3 cuz weight has to be there? :/

Yes im sure ...if you have any doubts and do ask ur teachers too ..they 'll also be saying the same thing which i have said.
They do have a ms but that doesnt means that they have to follow it on any circumstances so as i have mentioned above that if u have done everything right but didnt consider only one force so u'll lose only a single mark ...Still if u have any doubt then let me know ...i'll refer u some of the ms which will clearly show that there are alot of chances for u to earn marks in it .

Reaction score
Guys, if i get 65 in p1 and around 40 or 41 in m1, is A possible? I wanna know how mostly people found the paper.
I'm asking this as in one of the paper's GT it was 68 and 43 for A, so i pray that this time GT shouldn't be so high.

Reaction score
Guys, if i get 65 in p1 and around 40 or 41 in m1, is A possible? I wanna know how mostly people found the paper.
I'm asking this as in one of the paper's GT it was 68 and 43 for A, so i pray that this time GT shouldn't be so high.

Easily A will be possible .....if the gt of P1 will be around 55-59 and gt of m1 32-36 then you see you'll get an high A grade.
Gt's of maths will be definitely low so dw.

Reaction score
Easily A will be possible .....if the gt of P1 will be around 55-59 and gt of m1 32-36 then you see you'll get an high A grade.
Gt's of maths will be definitely low so dw.
Do you consider that gt for P1 would be around 59 as mostly people considered it very easy, and m1 this time was fine but in the past 2 years, it's GT has been around 40-41 and only in one paper it was 36 or 38 i guess. Actually i'm a bit scared seeing this.

Reaction score
Do you consider that gt for P1 would be around 59 as mostly people considered it very easy, and m1 this time was fine but in the past 2 years, it's GT has been around 40-41 and only in one paper it was 36 or 38 i guess. Actually i'm a bit scared seeing this.

the P1 of 2013 was far easier then of P1 of 2014 and if that ppr can have a gt on 57/59 then definitely its gt will also be in the range of 55-59...and similarly for m1 it will be below 35...thats for sure that it wont rise above 35...but for S1 and p3 it will definitely be above 43-44 and 50-54.
P.s did you check the gt of M1 of my2013...it was at 34 abd for m/j 2012 it was at 32 and those pprs were million times easier then of this year.

Reaction score
Yes im sure ...if you have any doubts and do ask ur teachers too ..they 'll also be saying the same thing which i have said.
They do have a ms but that doesnt means that they have to follow it on any circumstances so as i have mentioned above that if u have done everything right but didnt consider only one force so u'll lose only a single mark ...Still if u have any doubt then let me know ...i'll refer u some of the ms which will clearly show that there are alot of chances for u to earn marks in it .
omg i really hope so i am so desperatw for marks in this paper thank you so much tho