• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9709 MATHEMATICS P42 2014 GT

how was the paper and what do u expect the GT ??

• Easy( 45-50 for A)

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • Normal(40-44 for A)

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • Hard (35-40 for A)

Votes: 67 34.0%
  • Very hard less than 35 )

Votes: 74 37.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Could anybody with a certainty tell me if we have ECF in mathematics? Say, in Q6, instead
Of putting 6 as the velocity, I put 8, and this is in the very initial steps. The question is of 9 marks in total. How many marks
Will I loose? Rest of the methods and everything is correct. Just this part is wrong due to putting in the wrong value (despite it being given in plain sight) But as this part is incorrect, the corresponding values are too.

Reaction score
D
Could anybody with a certainty tell me if we have ECF in mathematics? Say, in Q6, instead
Of putting 6 as the velocity, I put 8, and this is in the very initial steps. The question is of 9 marks in total. How many marks
Will I loose? Rest of the methods and everything is correct. Just this part is wrong due to putting in the wrong value (despite it being given in plain sight) But as this part is incorrect, the corresponding values are too.[/quote
Do u remember the height of the liquid in part 1?

Reaction score
Will I loose? Rest of the methods and everything is correct. Just this part is wrong due to putting in the wrong value (despite it being given in plain sight) But as this part is incorrect, the corresponding values are too.
Do u remember the height of the liquid in part 1?

Reaction score

As far as I know.... they will just deduct one mark for one mistake that u make.... they grade you according to your concepts basically and u blundered with one concept per say so I dont think you will loose more than 1-2 marks... hopefully :)

Reaction score
The last question was pretty new, but not difficult, I think.
Question 5, on the other hand, I had no idea what to do. :confused: Basically wrote gibberish.

I made the mistake of not adding an SI unit (s) for my value of T in the second question (I think?), do you guys think i'll lose a mark for that?

Reaction score
The last question was pretty new, but not difficult, I think.
Question 5, on the other hand, I had no idea what to do. :confused: Basically wrote gibberish.

I made the mistake of not adding an SI unit (s) for my value of T in the second question (I think?), do you guys think i'll lose a mark for that?

I am pretty sure they only look at the method and the final answer. Don't think they will penalize you, unless your answer is wrong of course.