• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9093 English Lang. P1

Reaction score
I did the third one too. I think my directed writing for both sucked but my commentaries were okay. What did you employ within your (b) parts?

Reaction score
I wouldn't be scoring much in the (b) of the third question because I kinda just gave a summary
For the first one, i tried to use the features of the text (like using We, Us...)

Reaction score
Yeah i feel the same towards the third question but i know that, had i opted for the second question, my performance would definitely be worse.
I tried to use anaphoric repetition and excessive positivity.
For the third q, i tried to make it seem like Rob returned the attraction. I compared the writer to animals and used short paragraphs and informal tone ...
I could have done so much better if i wasn't busy giggling because of the text of the third question. :p

Reaction score
I think I did pretty well on the first question overall. There was a lot of inclusive language and extended metaphors that I touched on in the commentary and then I felt I mimicked the style in the commentary. I did the third question, but I don't think it was nearly as good as the first one. Would have done the second, but I probably would have run out of time if I did that one instead of the third.

Reaction score
omg a girl in my school did that mistake too and ended up getting a D i guess due to not attempting the first question.. She repeated it in november tho
HazyHazy you sound confident (y) i didn't even bother to read the second question, when i spotted diary writing in the (b) part of the third question, i immediately started analysing the text