• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
because it was gg(x) and g(x)=1/2x then it will be 1/2(1/2x) cause like the question is gg(x) so then g(x)= 1/2x then g(g(x))= 1/2(1/2x)
srry bout' the wrong information really srry...
Sorry, I thought you meant (1/2) * (1/2x). It's hard to write maths in this forum.

If you wrote 1 / [2(1/2x)], like I did in my solutions, you will probably get 1 mark.

Reaction score
yeah I wrote it exactly like that in the exam so now will I get 1 mark form the 2
Sorry, I thought you meant (1/2) * (1/2x). It's hard to write maths in this forum.

If you wrote 1 / [2(1/2x)], like I did in my solutions, you will probably get 1 mark.
h I wrote it in the exam exactly like your latest reply did so now will I get 1 mark out of 2

Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 2.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

- I will not answer any questions like, 'What will I need to get this grade' or 'How hard/easy was the paper, what will the A boundary be'.

(This is Paper 2 version 2. If anyone knows how to add this to the thread title, please tell me).

Thank you so much for the solutions. What and how you have done is simply brilliant. But I am curious to know as how you have done it? I mean we just gave the paper the other day, right? And it's not like cellphones are allowed inside that you can take snapshots of the paper while you are working on the exam. So, how did you get it? Did I mention, you are awesome? :D

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the solutions. What and how you have done is simply brilliant. But I am curious to know as how you have done it? I mean we just gave the paper the other day, right? And it's not like cellphones are allowed inside that you can take snapshots of the paper while you are working on the exam. So, how did you get it? Did I mention, you are awesome? :D
I'm an IGCSE maths teacher and CIE provides extra exam scripts that can be kept by the school. Once 24 hours has passed, teachers are allowed to look at the exam papers.

I decided to write solutions and give them to my students and to people on this forum.

Reaction score
I also have a doubt in Q9 and Q16

in Q9 it was of the car holdin 65l one but instead of conveting the 65l to cubic cm I directly did the ans and here is my working=
100cm=1m
x cm=4.4m (I got 440cm)
then, 440-65l
x cm-0.05 l (I got x to be 0.34)
p.s I noe it is wrong but it was for 3 marks how much would I get??

in Q16 where we had to find the distance of a train journey in Km/hr I by mistake did not look that the time was in minutes and so did not convert the minutes to hours and I continued the question and got the answer to be 900 km heres is my working=
(3*40*0.5)+(19*40)+(4*40*0.5)
=900 km
how much would I get from the total of 4 marks cause my only mistake was that I did not convert from minutes to hours....

You'll probably get 1 / 2.

Reaction score
I also have a doubt in Q9 and Q16

in Q9 it was of the car holdin 65l one but instead of conveting the 65l to cubic cm I directly did the ans and here is my working=
100cm=1m
x cm=4.4m (I got 440cm)
then, 440-65l
x cm-0.05 l (I got x to be 0.34)
p.s I noe it is wrong but it was for 3 marks how much would I get??

in Q16 where we had to find the distance of a train journey in Km/hr I by mistake did not look that the time was in minutes and so did not convert the minutes to hours and I continued the question and got the answer to be 900 km heres is my working=
(3*40*0.5)+(19*40)+(4*40*0.5)
=900 km
how much would I get from the total of 4 marks cause my only mistake was that I did not convert from minutes to hours....
Q9. You may get 1 mark but no more than that.

Q16. You will get either 2 / 4 or 3 / 4, depending on how generous CIE are.

Reaction score
would you also please give soultions for the paper 4 which is being held on the 13th like im in the 42 region
I'm an IGCSE maths teacher and CIE provides extra exam scripts that can be kept by the school. Once 24 hours has passed, teachers are allowed to look at the exam papers.

I decided to write solutions and give them to my students and to people on this forum.

Reaction score

Nevertheless, you writing and giving the answers was simply awesome. Thank you.

Reaction score
I might end up with an A if i'm really lucky but i'd be more then happy if i get a B in paper 2 :)

Reaction score
in the loci question they have asked us the question to draw the perpendicular bisector of BD so if make the diagonal BD and then make the perpendicular bisector and do not erase the line BD. No deductions will be made rite?

Reaction score
i think there is a range because, i got your same ans. I used 3 significant numbers for the individual calculations for area under the graph.