• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

6 A-Levels! Is That Really That Hard?

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
Well I am from UK, the thing is that the A-Levels here are a lot easier than your's A-Levels, LOL!

So,
My choices are: MATH, FURTHER MATH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY, COMPUTING!

I was thinking to do them all in 1 sitting, PEOPLE usually take 4 subjects of A-Levels here but I was thinking for 2 more, what do you think guys! ?????

Thanks In Advance,
Xeeshan Rahat.

Reaction score
This is literally a waste of time. At this level this amount of diversification is unnecessary, focus on what you are particularly interested in.

Reaction score
Hi XRahat!
If you truly want to take these subjects, go for it. I honestly cannot emphasise enough the importance of doing what you want in spite of what people say. While you should consider other people's opinions, your own decision will be a wiser one. In the end, you'll end up learning a great deal more (about yourself and the world) than if you let others restrict your options just because it's 'rare' or 'unnecessary'. And it won't be that hard if you aim to cover these in two years. Good luck! :) Excellent combo, btw.

Reaction score
It doesn't really have to do with being easier or hard, honestly! Think about your potentials - If you think you can do it, you will do it! :) Plan everything properly and you'll be fine!
Good Luck!

Reaction score
I agree with the two posts above by abcde and VelaneDeBeaute.
Although life is going to be tough with 6 subjects, but if you believe you can do it, you should give it a try: Remember however, you'll have to put in extra effort!
Best of Luck!

Reaction score
Well,I recommend to take all the subjects and eliminate bio if u are going for engineering or eliminate computing if u going for medical :).
Trust me I was going to take 5 also but they dint let me my school is so jealous that they dint allowed me to take 5 subjects at the school :)

To be honest,I have given 6 Alevels and 1 AS level only.

My A-level subejcts were:Chemistry,Physics,Maths,Additional Math,Frech,AICT
and I have given bio only AS level.That is because I love to obtain knowledge,not for sake of marks,not for superiority or show off even,but for my love......so I can use it in day to day life :)
I tell u if u have love for subject U can surly do it INSHALLAH with help of ALLAH/All mighty god :)

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
Well I am from UK, the thing is that the A-Levels here are a lot easier than your's A-Levels, LOL!

So,
My choices are: MATH, FURTHER MATH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY, COMPUTING!

I was thinking to do them all in 1 sitting, PEOPLE usually take 4 subjects of A-Levels here but I was thinking for 2 more, what do you think guys! ?????

Thanks In Advance,
Xeeshan Rahat.
Hullo
i am still doing o levels with 16 subs but recently started my a levels too
business
accounting
thinking skills
maths
further maths
economics
law
english

and trust me if u organize yourself well...u won't face too many hurdles
be punctual
keep ur notes comileda nd as concise as possible
have perfect revision tools and tricks
do checkout revision checklists and examiner tips

i won't say it's easy but trust me ......."well planned " hardwork always pays off.....don't waste ur energy on unnecessary hardwork and focus on your problems and never forget to keep practicing past papers of last 10 years ...this is how i am trying to do and i hope i do excel ...best of luck

Reaction score
your choice is the perfect one..if u feel comfortable...go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
It all comes down to what you want, admission in a good university or experience. While giving more subjects might seem impressive to you on paper but in reality it won't help at all if you don't get grades good enough. For instance if you get three or four A's in A levels, that would be much helpful for getting an admission than 6 B's or something. Universities won't give importance to extra subject as much as your main subject for the field. For example if you're applying to an engineering university, they will appreciate a student with A in physics and maths more than a student who has given further mathematics but got B's.
I know if you work hard enough, you can get straight A's in six subjects too but it's not really worth the effort and the money you're going to waste on it.
I don't mean to demotivate you but A Levels is serious stuff, its not like O levels where you can study for two months and score an A. Here the syllabus is huge and committing to an extra subject means A LOT of effort and if that only gets you a little extra credit well you can decide for it yourself because in the end its your life and you have to make something out of it.

Reaction score
Sorry, I was away for sometime :(. I am back now. I am doing them all & I feel pretty comfortable. Thank you all very very much for the help!
Your help is appreciated!