• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

5090/1, May/June 2003 (BIOLOGY)

Reaction score
You don't have to go after 0!!! Can you carefully study the graph please?

Reaction score
Lar kyun rahay hou? Aaram say... abcde dekhou C pay agar rakha hai na tou phr bhi change hou raha hai size main... Kam hou raha hai... So it cant be C....

Reaction score
abcde said:
Yes 26 is C.
The percentage change in length is 0 when the conc. is 0.3 mol. Nibz, it's C! Leave this please...
@Captain: your calculation is correct but the question asks :
What is the probability that the offspring that show the recessive characteristic are homozygous?
All recessive offspring are always homozygous so it is D for 39. Hope you understand. :)

Nah its .25... See in 4 offsprings how are you taking just the one rr???? Tumnay charon main say btana hai k rr ktnay hain??? Aik hai tou probability 1/4=.25

Reaction score
But guys then does this prove once again that we are better then the examiner dude who said 3 was C what do u say and if u guys have those answered Past Papers book check this one in them.And let me know.

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
I did check... Its not C... In examiner report they don't mean that its C...
Which question are you talking about? I don't get what your saying. If you're talking about MCQ 3, then I still think it's C! :p

Reaction score
Yup me too,u could explain fully in clear English sirs( Nibz and Captain Danger) that would be better and i would say that u know much better then me so go ahead and explain,I dont get it. and if u think u r absolutely correct then go ahead and explain ur hypothesis. lets see if u can make me understand LOL :p :p Just kidding just tell how this happens politely please thanks :p

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Was there any obvious reason to drag me in here!
I agreed on C! So kindly do your business!

Reaction score
No dude we never dragged u for nothing we r saying that its C so why u know much better then us dont u,Just explain in clear english words. :p

Reaction score
okay why do u get angry so fast man,control ur temper man. :D

Well sorry to irritate u btw. :D Im outta here after this. ;)

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
Yup me too,u could explain fully in clear English sirs( Nibz and Captain Danger) that would be better and i would say that u know much better then me so go ahead and explain,I dont get it. and if u think u r absolutely correct then go ahead and explain ur hypothesis. lets see if u can make me understand LOL :p :p Just kidding just tell how this happens politely please thanks :p

Yeah MCQ 3.... Its D... If you put it in .3 mol the length still changes (DECREASES).... So its not C... For D this is the explanation....

In .5 mol there is no loss of water from the cells of potato, there is no decrease see in the GRAPH.... It means that .5 mol has the same water potential as the potato tissue....

Reaction score
@Captain: For different concentrations of solutions (x-axis), the percentage change in length is given (y-axis). When the potato tissue is immersed in a solution of conc. 0.5 mol, its length decreases (the corresponding negative value on the graph indicates that the length decreases!).
When put in a solution of 0.3 mol, the percentage change in length is 0 (see the corresponding y-axis value?). This means that water neither enters nor leaves the potato tissue as the concentration of both (the potato tissue and the solution) are the same! And this is why, the answer is C... Do you see my point? If you still disagree, then kindly don't make further comments. If you do, then let me know that my pressing 'Thank'.Thank you for putting forward your point of view. :) I appreciate your help very much. :)
Thanks, everyone and please do remember me in your prayers! :) Good luck to all of us.