• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
hi guys ..i wanted to know if ever we did not choose maths as principle subject,,is it indispensable to pass in the years to come??will it affect our all the other subjects??
in pakistan it most definitely would, you cant make an equivelance without o level math
abroad all categories with even a bit of math will be shut too so atleast do o level math

Reaction score
i m afraid bt u need to take math in every field.. therz no alternate bt to study it.. however, if u make a bit effort u can cope with it or even end up with a gr8 interest in the sub. all u need is a strong parental n teachr support to encourage u n teach u in best way

Reaction score
in pakistan it most definitely would, you cant make an equivelance without o level math
abroad all categories with even a bit of math will be shut too so atleast do o level math
though stuff like fashion designing and other arts will be open, so you can drop if you will study outside and a purely arts field

Reaction score
umm..can it be studied privately??

yes sure! in fact i gave m igcse mathematics earlier by studying privately w/out any tutor and AlhamdullillAllah managed to get n A* so nothin's impossible... u can definitely do it in ur own way.. may b u can perform better in private studies instead of special tutions.. its up to u how u tackle it n pf course xtrmeppr community is here to help u ;)

Reaction score
yes sure! in fact i gave m igcse mathematics earlier by studying privately w/out any tutor and AlhamdullillAllah managed to get n A* so nothin's impossible... u can definitely do it in ur own way.. may b u can perform better in private studies instead of special tutions.. its up to u how u tackle it n pf course xtrmeppr community is here to help u ;)
it is really tough to study it??

Reaction score
it is really tough to study it??

no, not at all!
Are you starting your O level? If yes, then take the 4 books and go through them... teacher guidence will make you do it very quickly, otherwise it may take you a lot of time (years). And yes if you get stuck on anything, XPC rox ;) ask anyone! Even me or both these guys up here. :)

Reaction score
Once u undertsand the concept behind formulae, u can easily apply it n even where u need to modify it a bit..

totally agree (y)
yup i do..:) but formulas are too much :p

there easy way to memorize is that put the formula sheet in front of you, read them at least 5 times and solve the questions related to that formula (Basic Qs to Complicate), gradually all of them will be fixed in your mind In Shaa Allah.

Reaction score
is it mandatory to have maths when applying in a university??

I guess, yes... in 99% of the cases.
But in O level, you must do Maths! with out it you can not withstand all the important sub.s.
Maths is not a difficult sub sis, its easy... damn easy! If you get stuck at anything ask ppl here on XPC...
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...hs-and-statistics-post-your-doubts-here.4773/
this thread will really help, In Shaa Allah. If no, tell me. either I will help you out or ask some other person I know :)