• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

24 hrs r up......full time analysis phyx P12

Reaction score
Guyz wat was the answer to the spring matress Q as to hw to change the something..dnt rembr...
But I chose B!!!

Reaction score
mrpaudel B was nt possible i think. however it cud ve been C or D as the field lines moving from high to low potential.

Reaction score
what abt the evaporation question..it was B aur C...??? and wht abt the ratio of pressures..i got 2/1

Reaction score
i got B for evaporation question but the mean kinetic energy does decrease during evaporation so i got it wrong i think.

E = FL/xA by rearranging F = ExA/L and therefore by decreasing E it means that the force required to compress would decrease making it more suitable for a bed? that was for the springs question - not sure though, just how i thought about it

Resistance question: a wire has resistance R and there is another wire with twice its length, work out its resistance in terms of R? is it 2R or 4R?

Reaction score
Fr evapo Q it was true false true ...dnt rembr any option
fr resistance, it was 4R...........
As lngth doubled but volume is constant. As volume - height x area
as height/lngth doubld hence fr sme volume the area is halved
hence 2l/0.5A= 4R

Reaction score
ah okay thanks for clarifying. wasnt thinking properly. and fringe seperation i got the 5.4 one

Reaction score
mine was 5.4 but when i took it of spacing of full scale it was coming 4.8....nt sure

Reaction score
For finge separation i am cnfused weather its 5.4 or 4.8??????wat ws evaporation question i dunt remember dat.....???????

Reaction score
boy2011 said:
For finge separation i am cnfused weather its 5.4 or 4.8??????wat ws evaporation question i dunt remember dat.....???????
B for sure , i solved before in pastpapers

Reaction score
Fringe spacing was 3 mm hence answer was 5.4 x10^-7
the kinematics equation was D in think as i did that by frmula = 2v /gt
wat do u guyz reckon?

Reaction score
boy2011 said:
yaaa it was C 2vt/g i thnk
its D (2v/gt) cuz horizontal distance is vt...veritcal distance is 1/2 gt^2...so it 2vt/gt^2 , t and t cancel out resulting in 2v/gt

Reaction score
Gooners said:
Fringe spacing was 3 mm hence answer was 5.4 x10^-7
the kinematics equation was D in think as i did that by frmula = 2v /gt
wat do u guyz reckon?
you r right :)