• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2012 English paper 2

Reaction score
post ur doubts here

if u know any thing about the exam also post it here
thank u

Reaction score
Can anyone share some catchy introductions for informal letters?
and even formal ones :)

Reaction score
can someone post some formal and informal letter, speech, report, article or news report example? i still not sure about the format but the test is tomorrow! help please! URGENT!

Reaction score
Here's what I'ev written in another topic for introductory paragraphs. I can't do any more because every composition's introduction depends on it's topic, which is usually different every time. Hence these are my tips:

Hey, I've got some tips for you considering I'm pretty good at English.
Your first problem is that you've got problems in making paragraphs.
Okay, firstly - you must remember that in English, you don't HAVE to have three paragraphs. Infact, if you're writing an essay of four hundred words, you can have as many as six paragraphs in it. If you can have a perfect amount of paragraphs, you'll get bonus marks for presentation, which does count.
Here's what you must do for your first para:
1.Make sure you use eye-candy words and attract people. Many people read the first few lines and already judge the entire text simply by the first paragraph. You've heard of the saying 'The first impression is the last.' This goes for your exams too. The first paragraph counts the most.
You want to make it a spiral; start off with something that isn't exactly related, and then close in. If you've got to talk about technology, start off with something like 'Back when humanity had just dawned, it took a lot of time to do many tasks such as hunting.' You can see it isn't related to technology, but it's the beginning of a spiral. Now you want to close into the topic with something such as 'However! With advancing technology, humanity has gone from slingshots to bows and arrows, to our modern hunting rifles.'
Just be sure to add some material to it.
If your first paragraph is interesting, the reader's boredom will evaporate and he'll be excited to read your topic. He'll already EXPECT a good essay.
2.Don't make it too short and don't make it too long. This is very very important. You want to keep it at an average size.
3.Make sure that in the entire paragraph, the FINAL sentence is the one in which you tighten your fist on the topic. For example:'But the question that stands is whether or not this technology is helping humanity.'

Your second paragraph should mark the beginning of your material. You NEED material to input into your essay. That's a really important thing. You need to know quite a bit about your topic to be able to write on it.

You should try to make each paragraph at least eight lines long. But don't take this as a restriction; you should talk about at least one thing completely in one paragraph. If, in regards to technology, you're talking about computers, then the whole paragraph should be about computers and you shouldn't start talking about machinery in it. Nor should you cut it off and start a new paragraph talking about the same thing.

Your final paragraph should contain your judgement.

And if you want to be good at English, you have to simply make yourself such that you don't NEED to plan your compositions. For that, read books and newspapers. There's lots of choices at books; biographies, horror novels, crime thrillers, or social novels.

Oh, by the way... remember, that if you take introduction paragraphs and use them off this topic, there are many others who are also going to do the same, and your composition will no longer will be exclusive.

Reaction score
firstly i would like to thank everyone who try too help us
secondly i wanna to ask if i want to write extra lines on ex 6 and 7 where can i write them ?? and if they can increase my marks ???
third: what about get 10 marks of summary ??

Reaction score
firstly i would like to thank everyone who try too help us
secondly i wanna to ask if i want to write extra lines on ex 6 and 7 where can i write them ?? and if they can increase my marks ???
third: what about get 10 marks of summary ??

NO!!!!!!!!!! If the examiner recognise that you exceeded the word limit, the first he'll do is to cut 4 marks from your writing before he even starts to read anything, so please watch out for the word limit =) !!

Reaction score
NO!!!!!!!!!! If the examiner recognise that you exceeded the word limit, the first he'll do is to cut 4 marks from your writing before he even starts to read anything, so please watch out for the word limit =) !!
hmmmmmmmm okaaay thanks but if dont exceeds the 200 words and i finished the paper coz my handwriting is large

Reaction score
Word limits are stupid. The maximum you should do is 20 words over the limit in English because they do deduct marks for it. And it's better to stick to the word limit because the more you write, the higher the chance of mistakes.
@Billy123 You must always write at least three paragraphs. You can add more if your composition is longer; for example, I have to write up to 600 word compositions as they don't restrict us and I add up to seven or eight paragraphs in it. Sometimes more. So remember, at least three, at most - it depends on how much you write.
Too many paragraphs in a small composition = bad presentation, less marks.
Too less paragraphs in a large composition = no deduction
Perfect amount of paragraphs in large composition = extra marks for presentation.

asd

Reaction score
How can you be so sure about the the number of marks he'll cut on extra words?
Btw, it's written on the paper that you're ADVISED to write between the specified word limit, so 20-30 words wouldn't be justifiable to deduce marks, would they? unless it was written you should NOT write beyond the specified word limit.

Reaction score
let us stop thinking about the exam and try have some moment to give our minds some rest before the exam and god will be with us isa

Reaction score
Tips on making your narrative better ?
Simply, develop your imagination by reading books, watching English movies and sharing fictious stories.
1.You can read ALOT of books, there's so many I can't even name them all.
2.Some good movies to watch are V for Vendetta, Signs, October Sky, Sherlock Holmes etc.
3.Me and my friend share alot of stories that people have heard about ghosts etc. and it develops our imagination.