• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0620 CHEMISTRY HELP!!!!

Reaction score
can you please tell me what i need to know about solubility for the alternative to practical test? paper 63.

Reaction score
known amounts of solute and solvent
Stir
Warm to temp
Filter
Dry and weigh residue
Work out solubility from residue

Reaction score
i can't exactly explain but refer to this notes..... it has everything required for paper 6 :D

Attachments

• chemistry-igcse-paper-6-study-guide.docx
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Guys, please help me!! Chem p6 tomorrow. What is the test and result for checking if something is ethanol. The mark scheme says lighted splint relights but that's not possible as when oxygen is produced a GLOWING splint relights. Another possibility is hydrogen, which causes a LIGHTED splint to POP. not relight! PLEASE HELPP!!

Reaction score
Guys, please help me!! Chem p6 tomorrow. What is the test and result for checking if something is ethanol. The mark scheme says lighted splint relights but that's not possible as when oxygen is produced a GLOWING splint relights. Another possibility is hydrogen, which causes a LIGHTED splint to POP. not relight! PLEASE HELPP!!
well when reacted with a carboxylic acid in an acidic medium, it would form a sweet smelling ester...

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how many marks I lose and still get an A* ?
CIE NEVER NEVER gives away its secret of how a candidate gets an A*. You can get a 92% and still get an A but a 85%band you may get an A*. To get that star over your A, you have to have precise answers. It depends on how 'to the point you are' That's the beauty of cie, kind of a disadvantage for us!

Reaction score
CIE NEVER NEVER gives away its secret of how a candidate gets an A*. You can get a 92% and still get an A but a 85%band you may get an A*. To get that star over your A, you have to have precise answers. It depends on how 'to the point you are' That's the beauty of cie, kind of a disadvantage for us!
Yes exactly " Beauty of cie and a disadvantage for us"
Thanks alot for your reply :)

Reaction score
Any question related to organic chemistry..... im ready to help... dont hesitate to ask... any question at all......