• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0510 speaking tips

During speaking what should we do

• Stay calm n go with the flow

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Argue and try to prove our point

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hi guys I need some tips about how to behave and react when I get the topics or the examiner questions me $!!!!
Should I indulge in an argue or just stay calm ??????
Your help will highly be appreciated
Thnx

Reaction score
Jokes apart , Normally you as a candidate are encouraged to "speak" about the topic and they are not testing your knowledge rather they record and mark the English u speak with

P.S: I also recommend that u use the art of pause in ur sentences and try not to use slang and NEVER reply with a yes or no only Remember U are speaking !!!

Reaction score
Jokes apart , Normally you as a candidate are encouraged to "speak" about the topic and they are not testing your knowledge rather they record and mark the English u speak with

P.S: I also recommend that u use the art of pause in ur sentences and try not to use slang and NEVER reply with a yes or no only Remember U are speaking !!!
Hahaha good one n thnx I will try my best

Reaction score
i hav another problem wat if i freak out and go blank
im hoping and praying it dos not happen to any1

Reaction score
if i ama private candidate how will i know the day when i have my oral exam

Reaction score
if i ama private candidate how will i know the day when i have my oral exam
no u wont blank out and incase if u do then just talk about random stuff ans get back to the topic
secondly, the dates are written on your statement of entery so u can check it from there

Reaction score
no u wont blank out and incase if u do then just talk about random stuff ans get back to the topic
secondly, the dates are written on your statement of entery so u can check it from there
BUT not for Orals because that are for two months I have the dates for all other subjects
plz reply soon
and thankyou very much!!!!

Reaction score
BUT not for Orals because that are for two months I have the dates for all other subjects
plz reply soon
It's not that without the entry you can't give the exam so all the dates are confirmed there but if it's not there then contact the council or the place where u submitted your form and ask them about the dated

Reaction score
It's not that without the entry you can't give the exam so all the dates are confirmed there but if it's not there then contact the council or the place where u submitted your form and ask them about the dated
thankyou ! so much but the funny thing is I just got the email on when im supposed to have my exam its going to be after 1 week
thanks anyway its just that this is my first IGCSE OFFICIAL exam so im nervous
And i had got my statement of entry bfore they even told me when that told me the next day i foud out the date

Reaction score
thankyou ! so much but the funny thing is I just got the email on when im supposed to have my exam its going to be after 1 week
thanks anyway its just that this is my first IGCSE OFFICIAL exam so im nervous
And i had got my statement of entry bfore they even told me when that told me the next day i foud out the date
It's my first time as well

Reaction score
plz reply soon
Ask the british council if you are from egypt my english as a first language speaking test is sunday 13th april

Reaction score
Okay this is my second time, I am repeating it. Firstly, try to be calm, usually, the examiners are sweet and they would help you whenever you feel blank. Secondly, don't think about it as an exam but instead, think of it as a normal everyday life conversation. On top of that, TRY NOT TO PANIC OR YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SPEAK FLUENTLY, and that is what they care about the most.
Btw, before the exam starts and the examiner starts recording, there would be a small conversation betwenn you and the examiner about yourself and your hobbies.
this does affect the topic the examiner chooses to you, like last year, I talked about how much I wanna be a biologist before the recording so she gave me a topic about 'Education'
So just pray and be optimistic, its not that hard at all :D
These are all the topics, I only know the bulletpoints for these five. GOODLUCK EVERYONE :) ;)(y)

Attachments

• english topics.docx
    13.9 KB · Views: 23