• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0500 English First Language Paper 2 Advice :)

Reaction score
Very thorough notes, thanks for sharing :D

And yes literature is much harder than language mainly because you have to write about three totally different books (play, poem and prose) and summarise everything you have learnt for months in just 40-45 mins each book :O

Reaction score
I MADE UP MANY POINTS, So much useless info in the text :mad: :mad: :mad: - F . U . C . K :mad: !!!
I tried to improvise but made up a lot of bull about his life LOOOL
And I completely missed out the point about less weight = speed WHAT A FCKING IDIOT :( (If A* = 75 or so, and still got another paper, God will help me :) )

ANYWAY:
What poems / texts are going to come up do you reckon, I am probably going to answer *extract questions for play, and story and poetry going to do the essay :)

Reaction score
No you don't need an address or any of that in here.
They only want you to WRITE the details that you're asked too.

Reaction score
Paper 2 variant 2 wasn't that bad

question one on the detective was pretty easy,
writers effect was moderately easy,
summary part a was very easy, but I was hell as confused with part b.
what WERE the observations?

Reaction score
do i have to use box method or indent in a letter?
BOX METHOD: Dear XYZ,
-------------Text---------------------------
OR
I
ndent Method: Dear XYZ,
-------------Text​

Reaction score
Hi there I have a question
If the question states to summaries two passages a) and b) should I write them like this
1.introduction
2.summary of a)
3.summary of b)
4. Conclusion
If not should I only write two paragraphs only one for a) and one for b)

Reaction score
Hi there I have a question
If the question states to summaries two passages a) and b) should I write them like this
1.introduction
2.summary of a)
3.summary of b)
4. Conclusion
If not should I only write two paragraphs only one for a) and one for b)
You don't need to write an introduction or summary, but you must separate the two summaries together, I suggest labeling. I do not think you just have the write 1 paragraph for A and 1 paragraph for B (You can write more than 1 paragraph but still makes it summarized) . But as long as its summarized you should be okay.

Reaction score
i am taking esl (0510) i know this is for first language but i would GREATLY appreciate it if you guys would read my article and tell me where i stand.thanks20140901_222551.jpg