• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0452 - Accounting

Reaction score
Hey guys. How many of us do accounting? Paper 1 is on Monday and I don't know how to study! They changed the syllabus AND the exam papers, so now there's no Multiple Choice paper (which sucks) and there's Accounts of Public Limited Companies now in the syllabus. So how are we studying for it? Doing past papers or just reading text books?

Reaction score
hi
i am an accounting student
but i think u have really bad luck
accounting is a horrible subject
n guess what
even i dont know what to study or how to study
do the specimen papers....it shud help.

Reaction score
Actually, i think accounting is an easy subject! It's only a bit confusing. But if you understand it it's easy!
We are unlucky though that they changed the syllabus and papers for our year! Now we have no past papers to practice with!

I think you're right. I'm just reading most of my notes and then going to do the specimen paper. Not much more I can do. And I have Biology Paper 3 the same day so wish me luck :)

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as we with the timetable clash :/. Anyway, don't worry yourself too much about company accounts.Just practice the questions in your text book and you'll be fine. I'm having trouble with errors and suspense and accounts. And also bank reconciliation statements. There not getting into my head :/

Reaction score
i think accounts is mainly about memorising a lot of stuff. you have mug up the formats...and the methods....
the prob is no one ever taught us nything.....
but even if u dont do gud in paper 1, we'll have a week before paper 2 so that can be better...hope so

well, best of luck all!!

and btw, has anyone heard about a/c papers being sold...? i heard a rumour....not sure if they r real or fake...

Reaction score
Well, today I read most of my accounting text book, then did the specimen paper 1 and marked it myself with the marking scheme. I got 120/130 so I'm confident :D

Tomorrow I go through the whole Biology syllabus... oh no! :( lol

Reaction score
can any1 tell me da meaning of da following terms
overstated
understated
over value
under value
plz can any1 plz :( :(