• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

``~~ ♫ ♪ $ongs ♪ ♫ ``~~

Reaction score
yes.. title said "Tere Ishq Nachaya - Atif Aslam and Abida Parveen Live at Sur Kshetra HD"... so I didn't need to listen more.. since I don't listen to music.. I've better.. more soothing.. things to listen to.. :)
Then may be you need some more knowledge on Sufi Music.
Sufism or taṣawwuf (Arabic: تصوّف‎) is defined by its adherents as the inner, mystical dimension of Islam.[1][2][3] A practitioner of this tradition is generally known as a ṣūfī (صُوفِيّ). Sufis believe they are practicing Ihsan (perfection of worship) as revealed by Gabriel to Muhammad, "Worship and serve Allah as you are seeing Him and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you."
Classical Sufi scholars have defined Sufism as "a science whose objective is the reparation of the heart and turning it away from all else but God".[4] Alternatively, in the words of the Darqawi Sufi teacher Ahmad ibn Ajiba, "a science through which one can know how to travel into the presence of the Divine, purify one's inner self from filth, and beautify it with a variety of praiseworthy traits".[5]
Classical Sufis were characterised by their attachment to dhikr (a practice of repeating the names of God) and asceticism. Sufism gained adherents among a number of Muslims as a reaction against the worldliness of the early Umayyad Caliphate (661-750 CE[6]). Sufis have spanned several continents and cultures over a millennium, at first expressed through Arabic, then through Persian, Turkish and a dozen other languages.[7] "Orders" (ṭuruq), which are either Sunnī or Shī'ī or mixed[8] in doctrine, trace many of their original precepts from the Islamic Prophet Muhammad through his cousin and son-in-law 'Alī, with the notable exception of the Naqshbandi who trace their origins through the first Caliph, Abu Bakr.[9] Other exclusive schools of Sufism describe themselves as distinctly Sufi.[10] Modern Sufis often perform dhikr after the conclusion of prayers.[11]
Sufis described their Relation with God in Terms of Music.
Sufi music Is the devotional music of the Sufis, inspired by the works of Sufi poets, like Rumi, Hafiz, Bulleh Shah and Khwaja Ghulam Farid.
Sufi poetry has been written in many languages, both for private devotional reading and as lyrics for music played during worship, or dhikr. Themes and styles established in Punjabi poetry, Sindhi poetry , Arabic poetry and mostly Persian poetry have had an enormous influence on Sufi poetry throughout the Islamic world, and is often part of the Sufi music.
As taken from Wikipedia.

Reaction score
Sufism or taṣawwuf (Arabic: تصوّف‎) is defined by its adherents as the inner, mystical dimension of Islam.[1][2][3] A practitioner of this tradition is generally known as a ṣūfī (صُوفِيّ). Sufis believe they are practicing Ihsan (perfection of worship) as revealed by Gabriel to Muhammad, "Worship and serve Allah as you are seeing Him and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you."
Classical Sufi scholars have defined Sufism as "a science whose objective is the reparation of the heart and turning it away from all else but God".[4] Alternatively, in the words of the Darqawi Sufi teacher Ahmad ibn Ajiba, "a science through which one can know how to travel into the presence of the Divine, purify one's inner self from filth, and beautify it with a variety of praiseworthy traits".[5]
Classical Sufis were characterised by their attachment to dhikr (a practice of repeating the names of God) and asceticism. Sufism gained adherents among a number of Muslims as a reaction against the worldliness of the early Umayyad Caliphate (661-750 CE[6]). Sufis have spanned several continents and cultures over a millennium, at first expressed through Arabic, then through Persian, Turkish and a dozen other languages.[7] "Orders" (ṭuruq), which are either Sunnī or Shī'ī or mixed[8] in doctrine, trace many of their original precepts from the Islamic Prophet Muhammad through his cousin and son-in-law 'Alī, with the notable exception of the Naqshbandi who trace their origins through the first Caliph, Abu Bakr.[9] Other exclusive schools of Sufism describe themselves as distinctly Sufi.[10] Modern Sufis often perform dhikr after the conclusion of prayers.[11]
Sufi music Is the devotional music of the Sufis, inspired by the works of Sufi poets, like Rumi, Hafiz, Bulleh Shah and Khwaja Ghulam Farid.
Sufi poetry has been written in many languages, both for private devotional reading and as lyrics for music played during worship, or dhikr. Themes and styles established in Punjabi poetry, Sindhi poetry , Arabic poetry and mostly Persian poetry have had an enormous influence on Sufi poetry throughout the Islamic world, and is often part of the Sufi music.
As taken from Wikipedia.
Wait i will post this on other Threads too.

Reaction score

Just to share with you all, first time i listened to it, i cried, i literally didn't knew what is happening and it just moved my heart so deeply, i felt so Close to God, i felt so thankful to him for just being there, i felt like i just throw away everything and somehow find the God and end myself into his light. I thought it was just me later i read many articles by American reporters who were in her concert. They said there was so much energy and many people faint, many cried, danced wildly,Abida Parveen says she see the sufi writers whom pieces she is reciting, moving around her concerts. And after listening to rhis song i believe that.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
As taken from Wikipedia.

and why will I need wikipedia to tell me about Islam, when I have authentic sources to read from...?
besides, I already have something better.... I listen to Quran.. I have something so good I don't need to search for stuff somewhere else....
http://download.quranicaudio.com/quran/sa3d_al-ghaamidi/complete/091.mp3
^ for instance that.....

Reaction score
and why will I need wikipedia to tell me about Islam, when I have authentic sources to read from...?
besides, I already have something better.... I listen to Quran.. I have something so good I don't need to search for stuff somewhere else....
http://download.quranicaudio.com/quran/sa3d_al-ghaamidi/complete/091.mp3
^ for instance that.....

That was no strong reply. Learn Islam from where ever you can. In fact i was referring about facts.. You can gladly step back.. It is okey you do not need to use Wikipedia to tell you more about Islam. The information was for general viewers.

Reaction score
how about this for muslims...?

End of Music

I know m being a kill joy.. sorry.. :p
AoA,
No I don't think you are being a kill joy :D I that was the best post In this whole thread Masha Allah :)and OmG I HVE listened to that lecture 'the end of music' :D and I honestly loved lisening to kamal El Mekki's lectures

anyways don't be sorry you aren't a kill joy ^_^
And sowwie for going off topic :3

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
AoA,
No I don't think you are being a kill joy :D I that was the best post In this whole thread Masha Allah :)and OmG I HVE listened to that lecture 'the end of music' :D and I honestly loved lisening to kamal El Mekki's lectures

anyways don't be sorry you aren't a kill joy ^_^
And sowwie for going off topic :3

waAlaikum AsSalam wr wb,
thanks.. :) IKR! and he's so funny... he even quizes u on songs!!!! XD

^_^