• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
How many of you want this competition to take place? If this post gets more than 25 likes... the comp is onnn! It will consist of me giving you one line .. and you ppl would have to continue the story and complete it and take it in any direction possible.

me wanna right 2222 but aftr 30june plz!!

Reaction score
actually i have a plot already,problem is that im giving "surprise" element to my story.is it appropriate for short stories?or do they have to be straight forward?

Reaction score
Sort of. There were only two regulr posting members here. And both of us are working on - a project
do u want us to keep posting topics nevertheless?

Reaction score
And the competition gets a life yet again....
The lone from which your story should start is...

" Dusk had fallen and the café was quiet except for a middle aged man sitting near the door."

Rules are that it must be a short story.
Any genre is welcome as long as the story is interesting enough.
I would be the judge as to who won this competition.
People can request and ask for he shortcomings of their stories.
The story must be INTERESTING enough that I read it till the end...

Thanks for your cooperation... this competition is open for all...

@muhammadtaioor SamiaSaad @amnasaleem

Reaction score
Back After Too Long! :D
Dusk had fallen and the cafe was quiet except for a middle aged man sitting near the door. His overcoat concealed most of his identity, but his bare hands and dark hairs made the most of impression. Face was shadowed with his Italian hat, and a cup of coffee lay on the table beside him, gradually getting colder. Clock struck 12 and it's sound caught his attention. For the first time, he lifted his head to see the clock. He nodded in self affirmation and stood up slowly. As if pulling something out, he put his hand into the pocket and headed towards the girl on the counter. I couldn't bear it, the suspense. It was a gun, my instincts said. I pulled mine out and pointed it towards him, shouting to stay where he was. But he kept moving on, kept searching the pocket. I shot. The lifeless body crippled onto the floor. His ear piece could now be seen, and so was the Birthday Present he was searching in his pocket.​

Reaction score
Back After Too Long! :D
Dusk had fallen and the cafe was quiet except for a middle aged man sitting near the door. His overcoat concealed most of his identity, but his bare hands and dark hairs made the most of impression. Face was shadowed with his Italian hat, and a cup of coffee lay on the table beside him, gradually getting colder. Clock struck 12 and it's sound caught his attention. For the first time, he lifted his head to see the clock. He nodded in self affirmation and stood up slowly. As if pulling something out, he put his hand into the pocket and headed towards the girl on the counter. I couldn't bear it, the suspense. It was a gun, my instincts said. I pulled mine out and pointed it towards him, shouting to stay where he was. But he kept moving on, kept searching the pocket. I shot. The lifeless body crippled onto the floor. His ear piece could now be seen, and so was the Birthday Present he was searching in his pocket.

:D too predictable
but atleast this threads alive again...
ps... its hair not hairs...
wish u luck...
u cn also use this one for site

Reaction score
Written by abdulhafeez

Dusk had fallen and the café was quiet except for a middle aged man sitting near the door. He was attired in a scruffy suit; nonetheless he was the owner of this very famous and soon to be shut café! True to their words, Owners of this land charged him of bankruptcy and made him shut down his café, and now sitting there this man is sorting out his accounts on a worn out table with a bunch of creases on his forehead. He heaved a sigh of frustration, what am I going to tell Sarah?" He thought depressingly.
Sarah, his wife, was a sufferer of leukemia, all savings this couple made just vanished away fruitlessly; she got diagnosed but nothing worked instead made it worse. And now they don't even have a penny to give their cafés landlord who somehow own them 10, 000 dollars.
Their household was all about him and his wife Sarah. They always wished they had progeny who would look after them when got old, though they have a son whom sent abroad but he never returned nor called. This cafe was his last source to keep his household running and her wife alive!
Everyone he knew, already back off, except some people who only showered him with sympathy but no one knew, he was a man of courage neither he wanted their money nor he wanted sympathy. "I am strong, I have to be strong for Sarah", he said to himself over and over, picking up his phone he dialed the landlord's number.
Mr. Ahmed, Are you serious?! Calling me at this time of night I hope the money's ready! Or our excavators are all set!" a hoarse voice replied
"Please Sir, I'm sorry but try and understand it's such a short notice how am I supposed to pay you... My café's already shut and I don’t even have another source of income, why don't you get that?! Ahmed replied exasperatedly.
As if on cue, his wife happily arrived at café but soon her grin vanished at what she saw; café's oddly quiet and empty, chairs turned over tables, all lights off except a dim light of candle on his table and there's James, one hand clutched in fists, turning his knuckles white, a scowl on his face and a phone in other hand.
"Ahmed, What on earth is this all about?!" Sarah asked astonished gesturing around the café.
James couldn't control in surprise, and his phone dropped immediately, too scared to tell Sarah about it!
"S –s – Sarah! He stammered, what are ya' doing here? You should be resting now! You must go; we'll talk about this at home "ushering her out of the café.
"No! I want to know, Alicalledandaskedfor youandtheni realized y––! Almost too fast that James put a hand over her mouth to make her stop.
"Stop babbling dear! It's fine, I can explain and that's great Ali cal–, he halted right there and his tensed face turned into a surprising like one has seen some ghost." Ali did what?" he continued.
"Yes, honey! I can't believe it myself! Our son has finally sent us a visa and tickets to America, he didn't forget us! I told you, he'd never forget us, and he said we'll living there with for good!" Sarah replied grinning from ear to ear, and tears prickling in both of their eyes.
James wrapped his arms around as they shared this little moment of joy till Sarah spoke, "Honey, where's this yelling coming from?" Ahmed soon realized and detached himself from her and rushed to his phone.
–know me, I can sue you! You are calling me now to give me your useless excuses! You have no bloody power against me! And you very well know that! Hello! Ahmed you can't hang up on me! Yelling came through the line.
James replied too calm and satisfied, Sir, at what time will you be sending you Excavators? I'm looking forward to see them. Ending his call, he put his arm around Sarah's shoulders who is too flabbergasted about the present situation.
And, as they make a beeline to their home, Ahmed dry voice adds in air telling Sarah about Café.