• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

10) conservation of momentum = momentum b4 and after are always equal.
So, since b4 the split, the momentum = 0...hence after the split the total momentum shud also =0 ----> the momentum if both the particles shud be the same (as they moce in opp direction,the momenta cancel each other out).
So, since one particle has mass = 2m, the other will have velocity = 2v.
So, the momentum wud be 2mv for both.

Now, for K.E. we square the velocity.
So, particle 1, mass = m. velocity = 2v. so K.E. = 1/2 * m * (2v)^2 ------> 2mv^2
particle 2, mass = 2m. velocity = v. so K.E. = 1/2 * 2m * v^2 -----> mv^2

ratio = 2: 1

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score

25) formula for diffraction grating ----> nλ = dsinΘ
check this out ---->http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics/diffraction/revise-it/diffraction-from-a-diffraction-grating
so d = 1/N, N = no of lines

So, the formula = nλ = sinΘ/N
gradient = sinΘ/λ
So, rearranging the abv formula, sinΘ/λ = Nn
Ans = C

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Tkp

Reaction score
hey in n07 to measure pressure we are using pressure gauge. it's saying not allow pressure meter or barometer. so in calculating pressure do we always use pressure gauge or sometimes pressure meter or barometer can be used. and in mark scheme there is a pt written difficulty in measuring amplitudes at small pressures. Use a large incident source. So i wrote that use high values of p so that a could be measures easily. So can u explain this mark scheme point. And another point that the window should be perpendicular to source. Should we write this point whenever something is being transmitted through a substance? And what is the purpose of the pt. these are a lot of questions sorry but plzz help :)
Didnt understand what u said?give me a ques similar like this

Reaction score
for 22 apply the formula of Young modulus
FL/AX=E
SO WE Need to find the change in length
f=20,a=pie*(5*10^-4/2)^2
e=2*10^11
u will get 5*10^-4
and for percentage multiply by 100

i had the same question..im not getting 5*10^-4 :/
and they havent given us extenstion either

Reaction score
Any one understand the diagram for November 2010 paper 51? How do you draw it? It says coil Y is winded up tightly around coil X? How's that possible and mark scheme says there should be two independent coil labelled X and Y? Please help

Reaction score
Any one understand the diagram for November 2010 paper 51? How do you draw it? It says coil Y is winded up tightly around coil X? How's that possible and mark scheme says there should be two independent coil labelled X and Y? Please help

its a simple transformer :/

the pic I have uploaded shows the 2wires winded..
plus the bold wire shows wire y, and the other one is x..

if u gt ths diagram abt how they will wind up.lemme know, othrwse I will make the whole diagram..
:)

Attachments

• Snapshot_2013602.jpg
    Snapshot_2013602.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
its a simple transformer :/

the pic I have uploaded shows the 2wires winded..
plus the bold wire shows wire y, and the other one is x..

if u gt ths diagram abt how they will wind up.lemme know, othrwse I will make the whole diagram..
:)

also the wires shuld not touch each other!

Reaction score
I'd like a clear explanation about fission of nuclei. I can't seem to get it right.

(90 38) Sr -> (90 39)Y + (0 -1) e + 0.55MeV

why would it release energy if the binding energy of Y is greater than Sr? I'd understand if Sr has greater binding energy, but in fact it does not.
I'm trying to look for an answer that doesn't have to do with the binding per nucleon energy graph. Is binding energy negative or positive?